Lime Coconut Snowballs are a very easy NO COOK dessert! I really like the flavor of lime and these are great to make when you need a quick dessert, but don’t want to heat your kitchen up by turning on the oven!
I felt like making some Lime Coconut Snowballs and had all the ingredients on hand. I had them whipped up in no time.
This is an easy recipe to have your kids help you with! They could help roll the dough into balls or roll the balls into the coconut!
You can adapt this recipe to make it a little lighter in calories by using Fat-free sweetened condensed milk and unsweetened coconut. I haven’t tried it with the unsweetened coconut…I don’t know that I have ever actually used unsweetened coconut before! I think the taste would be very similar, just not as sweet!
This is a very easy recipe to double or even triple! The recipe makes around 20-24 balls that are about 1 teaspoon each in size. So if you need a dessert for a larger group…just double or triple it!
If you can find Key Lime’s…you could squeeze them and use fresh Key Lime Juice! I always have trouble finding Key Limes when I want them. I think it is good with just regular lime juice!
If you don’t like lime or coconut….you can head over and check out the recipe for Banana Bread Cookies!
Have you ever had Lime Coconut Snowballs before? Nothing better than a sweet snowball in the summer!
- 2/3 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 4 cookie sheets crushed)
- 6 Tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 2/3 cup shredded coconut, divided
- 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, sweetened condensed milk, lime juice and vanilla in a medium bowl.
- Add 2/3 cup coconut and beat at medium speed for around 1 minute or until no longer grainy.
- Add sugar 1/4 cup at a time, beating until well combined.
- Cover and chill for 20 minutes.
- Shape mixture into 24 small balls, about 1 teaspoon each.
- Roll balls in remaining coconut.
- Refrigerate balls in an airtight container.
- Can use Key Lime juice if available. Can use fresh lime juice if available.
- Can use fat-free sweetened condensed milk if preferred.