This 5 Ingredient Mexican Tortellini Soup is very flavorful and super easy to make! I tried an ingredient I haven't used before and I loved it….chorizo. Wow…why haven't I been using it all these years? Better late than never I guess…
The great thing about this 5 Ingredient Mexican Tortellini Soup is that you can make it in the slow cooker or on the stove top so it is very versatile. I made mine in the slow cooker, but next time I will probably just make it on the stove top.
How to Make 5 Ingredient Mexican Tortellini Soup
- Take a pound of ground Mexican chorizo and brown that in your skillet. You can drain off any grease when it is done.
- In your pot place the browned chorizo, 2 cans of Ro-Tel with the liquid, one brick of softened cream cheese, cut into cubes and a 32 ounce container of chicken broth.
- Now you will heat these ingredients on the stove until the cream cheese is melted. It will happen a lot faster if you start with softened cream cheese…but if you are like me you will forget to soften it, LOL! Just keep stirring and it will eventually melt and make for a very creamy soup!
- Last you will put your 20 oz package of cheese tortellini in and cook for about 15 minutes. I like the Buitoni brand of tortellini. There is a good variety. This brand comes fresh and you can put them right into the soup and they don't take long at all to heat up. If you want to make this in the slow cooker you need to use frozen tortellini. You can buy frozen tortellini or just buy the fresh and put them in the freezer when you get home!
- Once the tortellini is cooked this soup is ready! Be careful not to overcook your tortellini or they will get mushy and won't be nearly as good!
Chorizo is all you need for flavor
I could not believe the flavor that this soup had…and if you notice in the ingredient list…there are no spices of any kind added. The chorizo and the Ro-tel really did bring plenty of delicious flavor to this 5 Ingredient Mexican Tortellini Soup!
What is your favorite way to use chorizo? Have you tried tortellini's in soup before? Check out my recipe for Beef Tortellini Soup…it is amazing and VERY easy to make too!
- 1 pound ground Mexican Chorizo
- 2 can's Ro-Tel
- 1 brick Cream Cheese
- 32 ounces Chicken Broth
- 20 ounce package cheese tortellini
Take a pound of ground Mexican chorizo and brown that in your skillet. You can drain off any grease when it is done.
In your pot place the browned chorizo, 2 cans of Ro-Tel with the liquid, one brick of softened cream cheese, cut into cubes and a 32 ounce container of chicken broth.
Now you will heat these ingredients on the stove until the cream cheese is melted.
Last you will put your 20 oz package of cheese tortellini in and cook for about 15 minutes or until the tortellini are cooked. Be careful not to over cook the tortellini or they will be mushy.
You can make this in the slow cooker, but use frozen tortellini and put them in during the last hour or so. It will probably take about 3-4 hours on low for the cream cheese and other ingredients to get nice and blended.
- The Weight Watchers Chex Mix Recipe You Need to Try - April 28, 2023
- Free Printable Mothers Day Cards to Color for Kids - April 27, 2023
- Pineapple Pico de Gallo Salsa Recipe - April 24, 2023
Marie@The Interior Frugalista says
This is so happening in my crockpot this winter – thank you so much for the recipe. Pinned
Thanks Marie…I think you will love it!
Jenny @ Let's Talk Mommy says
Oh my goodness this sounds absolutely amazing and delicious. Pinning now to Pinterest. Love a good hearty easy recipe for the family. Thank you so much for linking up to Share With Me #sharewithme