Once you try these tender and juicy air fryer chicken breasts it will become your favorite way to make chicken. The air fryer does an amazing job of locking in the juices and giving you a perfect crisp on the outside.
TIPS FOR COOKING WITH THE AIR FRYER
An air fryer is an amazing appliance and I think it deserves space on the counter. I absolutely LOVE my air fryer.
But like any tool…there are tricks and tips to make the tool work even better. It is possible to get even better results from your air fryer
Here are some of my favorite air fryer tips:
- Don't overcrowd the food, especially if you are cooking meat. The whole point of the air fryer is that air is circulating around the food. If there is too much food in the basket the air can't get all around the food and it won't get as crispy.
- Use NON-aerosol olive oil or avocado oil to lightly spray the basket. This will help keep foods from sticking to the basket and will help the foods crisp up more.
- Chicken breasts can be pounded a little flatter to make them cook quicker and reduce the chance of the outside getting too done before the inside is done.
- Find the right accessories for your air fryer so you can use it even more. I love this set of air fryer accessories.
INGREDIENTS FOR AIR FRYER CHICKEN BREASTS
There is no need for a bunch of ingredients other than an aromatic spice blend to bring out the delicious flavor of the chicken!
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
- Chili Flakes
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER CHICKEN BREASTS
Making air fryer chicken breasts is so, so easy. It is almost a no-fail way to cook chicken!
STEP ONE: SEASON CHICKEN
Brush the chicken breasts with olive oil.
Combine the seasonings into a small bowl and then sprinkle the seasoning mixture on both sides of the chicken breasts.
STEP TWO: AIR FRY
Lightly spray the air fryer basket with non-aerosol olive oil.
Place the chicken breasts in the air fryer basket so there is some room between each chicken breast. You may have to cook these in batches so you don't overcrowd the basket.
Air fry at 390° F for 10-12 minutes depending on the thickness of the chicken breasts. I like to flip my chicken over halfway through the cooking time, but it isn't required.
You want the chicken to be crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. Be sure to check the internal temperature of the chicken. It needs to be at least 165° using a meat thermometer.
Let the chicken sit for 3 minutes before you cut it so it retains the juices.
TENDER AND JUICY AIR FRYER CHICKEN BREASTS
If you enjoy making healthy meals in your air fryer be sure to check out my cookbook, Air Fryer Cookbook for Weight Loss. It has 100 delicious air fryer recipes!
You can print off the full ingredients and instructions for these delicious air fryer chicken breasts via the recipe card below.
These tender and juicy air fryer chicken breasts come out perfectly and will become a new favorite!
Combine the seasonings into a small bowl.
Brush chicken breasts with olive oil. Sprinkle with seasoning mixture on both sides.
Lightly spray the air fryer basket with non-aerosol olive oil spray. Place chicken breasts in the air fryer basket so they are not touching to allow air to flow between the chicken. You may need to cook in batches so the chicken is not overcrowded.
Cook chicken for 10-12 minutes at 390 degrees or until crispy on the outside and still juicy on the inside. Use a meat thermometer to make sure internal tempature reaches at least 165°F.
Remove from air fryer and let sit for 3 minutes before cutting.
Please note that the thickness of the chicken breast and the type/size of air fryer you are using can affect the cook time for this recipe. Be sure to keep an eye on the chicken so it doesn't cook too long!
If you love using your air fryer be sure to check out these other easy recipes:
- Air Fryer Glazed Tilapia Bowls
- 20+ Air Fryer Appetizers for the Whole Family
- Crispy Crunchy Air Fryer Chickpeas
- Air Fryer Breaded Bell Pepper Strips
Be sure to PIN this for later!