This Anti-Inflammatory Smoothie with Bananas and Carrots tastes good and is full of helpful spices. It is easy to get a lot of anti-inflammatory foods into your diet by drinking a smoothie.
WHY DRINK AN ANTI-INFLAMMATORY SMOOTHIE
Smoothies have become a popular way to add lots of healthy ingredients to a daily diet. They are fast to make and great for on-the-go lifestyles.
Everyone has inflammation in their bodies, but some health conditions really cause a LOT of inflammation. I have an autoimmune disease and inflammation is a major problem for me.
Many other conditions make inflammation a problem, like some bowel diseases.
Lots of people are trying to reduce inflammation in their bodies in a more natural way and smoothies may be able to assist in the process to some degree.
There are many arguments about the best ways to reduce inflammation in the body. I am not a doctor, and this is definitely NOT medical advice! At the very least…we know the ingredients in this anti-inflammatory smoothie are going to be a positive addition to your daily diet!
INGREDIENTS FOR AN ANTI-INFLAMMATORY SMOOTHIE
Most of these ingredients are items I have in the pantry. It is amazing how long spices can last and how many anti-inflammatory smoothies I can make!!
- almond milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- fresh ginger
- ground turmeric
- ground cinnamon
- black pepper
- ground nutmeg
- ground cloves
HOW TO MAKE AN ANTI-INFLAMMATORY SMOOTHIE
One nice thing about smoothies is that you can create a “smoothie” kit very easily. You can add all the spices for one smoothie in a baggie and make up a week's worth of baggies at once. That will make the process very quick!
This anti-inflammatory smoothie is so easy to make!
- First, peel and slice the carrot.
- Place all the ingredients into your blender and blend on high power until totally smooth and incorporated.
- You can add more ice if you prefer a thick smoothie. If you prefer a thinner smoothie add a little extra almond milk.
- Adding the topping is optional but definitely brings some extra yum to the glass! You can buy coconut whipped topping in the refrigerator section, and it is DELICIOUS!
GREAT SMOOTHIE FOR WEIGHT WATCHERS
This anti-inflammatory smoothie is Weight Watchers-friendly.
NOW…there is a lot of debate about smoothies, and technically, WW does count fruits and veggies in smoothies.
So if you input this into the recipe calculator, it will be 8 Points on Green, Blue, and Purple myWW plans.
On the current WeightWatchers Program (2023), it is 7 points per serving.
ANTI-INFLAMMATORY SMOOTHIE WITH BANANAS AND CARROTS RECIPE
You can grab the entire ingredient list and recipe instructions via the recipe card below. This is easy to download and print off for your personal use at home!
This Anti-Inflammatory Smooth is packed with bananas, carrots and other great nutrients! Perfect way to start off your day!
- 1 cup almond milk or other non-dairy milk
- 1 large overripe banana frozen and sliced
- 1 medium carrot peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger peeled
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- A pinch of black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Ice if desired
- Optional: coconut whipped cream topping
Place all ingredients in a blender and blend on high until incorporated.
Add extra ice for a thicker smoothie or additional milk to thin the smoothie out depending on desired consistency.
Pour into glasses and enjoy.
*For optional coconut whipped cream topping, simply place a can of full-fat coconut milk in the fridge overnight. When ready to use, open (do not shake) and scrape off the top thick layer only - and add to the mixing bowl of a stand mixer. Mix for 3-4 minutes and then enjoy as a topping on your freshly blended anti-inflammatory smoothie.
Store leftover coconut whipped cream in the fridge for up to a week.
Makes one large smoothie.
On the current WeightWatchers Program (2023) it is 7 points per serving.
If you LOVE smoothies, be sure to check out my friend's blog which is ALL about smoothies…A Daily Smoothie!
- The Weight Watchers Chex Mix Recipe You Need to Try - April 28, 2023
- Free Printable Mothers Day Cards to Color for Kids - April 27, 2023
- Pineapple Pico de Gallo Salsa Recipe - April 24, 2023
Jan Fusco says
Could you PLEASE explain the rationale for why 0 point fruits and veggies count as points in a smoothie. I just don’t get it.