Bacon wrapped shrimp combine two of my favorite things, LOL. What can you not love about an easy recipe that ends up tasting amazing?? This makes the perfect appetizer or main dish.
Table of Contents
BACON WRAPPED SHRIMP AS A MAIN DISH OR APPETIZER
Bacon Wrapped Shrimp are versatile and can be made for appetizers or even as a main dish.
There is not a party happening where these bacon wrapped shrimp won't be gobbled up quickly. I can also see my family devouring these delightful shrimp as a dinner recipe.
I love recipes that work many different ways.
BACON WRAPPED SHRIMP CAN BE MADE HEALTHIER
I know that bacon gets a bad rap and it is very high in fat. The good news is that you can make these with turkey bacon to lower overall fat and calories.
Personally, I love turkey bacon. My husband…not a fan, LOL. I will probably make 1/2 with turkey bacon and 1/2 with regular bacon to keep everyone happy.
HOW TO MAKE BACON WRAPPED SHRIMP
One great thing about this Bacon Wrapped Shrimp recipe is that it only has 3 ingredients. WOOT WOOT! Typically, the fewer the ingredients the easier the recipe.
- If your shrimp are frozen you need to start off by thawing them out. I like to just place mine in a strainer and run them under cold water for a few minutes and then pat dry.
- Place the shrimp in the refrigerator for 30 minutes after thawing.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and prepare your baking sheets by lining them with foil for quick clean up.
- Take the bacon out of the package and cut it all in half.
- Place each piece of bacon on the baking sheets and bake for 5-6 minutes.
- While the bacon is cooking, place the shrimp in a bowl and cover with the BBQ sauce and stir to coat.
- Grab 2 more baking sheets and line them with parchment paper.
- Remove the bacon from the oven and wrap one piece around one shrimp. Don't cover the shrimp tail!
- Place all the bacon wrapped shrimp on the parchment covered pan under the broiler and cook on 425 for about 15 minutes or until the shrimp is cooked and the bacon is crisped up.
BACON WRAPPED SHRIMP RECIPE
You can download and print off the ingredients and instructions for this Bacon Wrapped Shrimp recipe below on the recipe card.
Bacon Wrapped Shrimp are a simple appetizer or main dish that everyone will love. Only 3 ingredients needed for this delicious recipe.
- 24 Large cooked shrimp deveined/shelled with tails
- 1 cup bbq sauce
- 1 package bacon
Thaw your shrimp by placing them in a strainer, running them under cold water for several minutes and patting them dry.
Place the shrimp in the fridge for 30 minutes.
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees and line two baking sheets with aluminum foil.
Remove the bacon from the package and cut the bacon in half.
Lay each piece of bacon out on the pan and cook for about 5-6 minutes.
While cooking, scoop the bbq sauce onto your shrimp and toss.
Line two more baking pans with parchment paper and wrap each piece of BBQ shrimp with a piece of bacon, leaving the tail open and place onto your planking sheet.
Place the pans of bacon wrapped shrimp under the broiler and cook on 425 degrees for 15 minutes until shrimp is cooked and bacon is crisp.
If you love shrimp be sure to check these recipes out:
- Soy Sauce and Honey Glazed Shrimp
- Quick Cajun Shrimp
- Instant Pot Potato and Shrimp Soup
- Easy Low Country Boil
Be sure to PIN this recipe so you can make it again in the future!