I have two free printable fire truck coloring pages that will delight little fire truck lovers. These free printable coloring pages will keep kids busy with red crayons and are a great activity for fire safety week.
ALL ABOUT FIRE TRUCKS
If your littles love fire trucks they will probably find these facts about fire trucks very interesting.
While they are coloring the fire truck coloring pages take a few minutes and tell them some tidbits they may not know about these life-saving vehicles.
- There is a difference between a fire engine and a fire truck.
- A fire engine brings the pumps and the hoses to the location.
- A fire truck brings the giant ladders to the location of the fire.
- Before vehicles were invented, horse-drawn carriages were used to assist with fires.
- The first fire truck was invented in 1905.
- Fire trucks have toolboxes that have tons of tools inside to help with all sorts of emergencies.
- Firefighters have different hoses that help with different types of fires.
- Fireman ride inside the fire truck not on the back or the sides like you see on TV.
- There are over 346,000 career firemen in the US and over 788,000 volunteer firemen in the US.
- Firemen do not only respond to fire calls they also help with other medical emergencies.
- Many firemen help do fire safety education at local schools each year during fire safety week.
- There are many more educational opportunities for learning to be a fireman today. You can get an associate's degree, a bachelor's degree and even a master's degree in different firefighting disciplines.
FIRE TRUCK TOYS KIDS WILL LOVE
My son loved trucks of all kinds when he was little. Fire trucks were a big hit for sure! I think I still have some in my attic storage area.
Here are some toy fire truck themed toys and books that boys and girls will love.
- LEGO City Fire Ladder Truck will keep kids busy for hours.
- A Kidcraft Fire Station Set will provide years of fun and is perfect to pass down to younger siblings.
- A Fire Truck Transport vehicle holds 19 mini rescue emergency vehicles and is so cool.
- Kids will love playing in a fire truck pop up tent. Great for imaginative play!
- Richard Scarry's A Day at the Fire Station is a great read.
- If you need a good bedtime story try reading Good Night Fire Engines.
- Touch and Feel books are some of my favorite for toddlers and the Touch and Feel Fire Engine book is adorable.
FREE PRINTABLE FIRE TRUCK COLORING PAGES
I know your kids will enjoy these two different fire truck coloring sheets.
You can download and print these off for your own personal use at home.
Click this link or the image below to print: Fire Truck Coloring Pages
If you love free color pages be sure to check these out:
Be sure to PIN this for later and share it with your friends on social media!