This Halloween Planter is a quick and easy DIY that will add a little haunted fun to your yard, porch or deck! I wanted to put a pretty fall mum by the front door and while at the store I saw the big witches cauldron's….it dawned on me that it was just the right size for my mum!
I grabbed up the big (cheap) plastic cauldron, the mum and off I went! Now if you know me very well…or if you read this blog regularly…you know that I kind of like spray paint!
So I figured getting a can of metallic black spray paint would spruce up my plain plastic cauldron a little bit!
I think the metallic shine of the spray paint made the cauldron prettier and it only took a few minutes to give it a quick coat and let it dry!
Supplies to Make a Halloween Planter
- a large plastic cauldron—the size depends on what size plant you want to display
- a potted plant of some kind….try to match the size of the plant with the size of the cauldron you pick
- you may need some potting soil depending on how you want to do it
- spray paint for cauldron is optional
How to Make a Halloween Planter
If you want to paint your cauldron you will want to do that first. You can also think outside the box and paint it purple or orange!
Once it is dry you can put your plant in. My mum plant was the perfect size and I just dropped it into the cauldron in the disposable planter it came in from the store. It fit perfectly inside and is so full that you can't see that it isn't planted in potting soil.
If you prefer you can put soil into the cauldron and actually plant your plant in it. My cauldron already had a hole in the bottom that I left alone so the water can drain out the bottom.
You will need to check yours and make sure there is a hole. If not you can use a nail and hammer to put a couple of small holes in the bottom. A drill would also do the trick!
That is all it takes to add a little Halloween flair to your outside area this fall!
Have you ever planted anything in a witch's cauldron? Let me know if you make this Halloween planter for your porch!
Latest posts by Jamie (see all)
- Easy Alien Jello Cup Snacks - October 11, 2018
- Weight Watchers Changes for 2019 and How They Affect You - October 10, 2018
- Character Traits Continue into the Teen Years - October 9, 2018