I have a thing for jalapenos….you may have seen some of my recipes that have jalapenos. There is my favorite Crazy Good Corn Dip, Jalapeno Pigs in a Blanket and MORE! BUT…I am watching my carbohydrate intake and wanted something spicy that could help curb my craving for crispy, crunchy snacks. These low carb jalapeno cheese crisps work PERFECTLY!
Low Carb Jalapeno Cheese Crisps
Guess what…these only have 2 ingredients! How is that for SIMPLE? 🙂 I am a big time fan of easy recipes!! It doesn’t get easier than this recipe for Low Carb Jalapeno Cheese Crisps!
Ingredients for Low Carb Jalapeno Cheese Crisps
2 cups of shredded cheese (any variety should work)
Sliced Jalapeno peppers
How to Make Low Carb Jalapeno Cheese Crisps
The key to making delicious CRISPY, Jalapeno Cheese Crisps is to use parchment paper!!! I don’t think these work nearly as well if you don’t use parchment paper. Trust me….USE IT!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Put a piece of parchment paper on your baking sheet.
Make small piles of cheese on the parchment paper. A quarter of a cup works well, but you can make them smaller if you want.
I used sliced pickled jalapeno peppers. I went ahead and put the peppers on a paper towel to absorb the extra liquid the first time I made these. The second time I was really hungry and didn’t take the time to drain the peppers and I didn’t notice any difference…so it is up to you!
Place one or more jalapeno sliced on top of each cheese pile and push down a little bit.
Bake in the oven for 8-15 minutes or until they are done to your liking! I like mine nice and crispy so I leave them in quite a while.
Once they are done take them out of the oven and let sit for a few minutes so they firm and crisp up a little more.
GOBBLE THEM UP!
Get Ready to Make More
I will be honest here….I have trouble sharing these. Like I have actually eaten them all myself and not given my husband ANY. 🙄 So I find myself having to make another batch right after the first batch, LOL. hopefully you are nicer and more caring than me!!
If you need some other low carb recipe ideas check out my Low Carb Sausage and Riced Cauliflower Skillet or my Low Carb Mini Bell Pepper Taco Boats. If you are following the Weight Watchers plan be sure to check out my page with all sorts of Weight Watchers recipes, ideas and motivation!!
- 2 cups shredded cheese (any variety)
- Sliced Jalapeno Peppers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Put a piece of parchment paper on your baking sheet.
- Make small piles of cheese on the parchment paper. A quarter of a cup works well, but you can make them smaller if you want.
- Place one or more jalapeno sliced on top of each cheese pile and push down a little bit.
- Bake in the oven for 8-15 minutes or until they are done to your liking!
- Remove from oven and let sit for a few minutes so they firm and crisp up a little more.
- Fresh or pickled jalapenos work fine.
Latest posts by Jamie (see all)
- Ways to Memorialize Your Baby after Miscarriage or Pregnancy Loss - March 22, 2018
- Carrot Nutter Butter Cookies for Easter - March 21, 2018
- Air Fryer Cajun Zucchini Chips - March 20, 2018