Pumpkin coloring pages are the perfect decoration for your refrigerator during the fall months! Free printable coloring pages are even better because all you have to do is download and print them off! Your kids can get busy coloring right away.
FACTS ABOUT PUMPKINS
We were at the state fair recently and we love to look at the fair entries for giant pumpkins. It always amazes us how HUGE some pumpkins grow. There were some that were hundreds of pounds.
While your kids are working on these pumpkin coloring pages you can share some interesting facts about pumpkins. Why pass up an opportunity to get a little “learning” in while having fun?
- Pumpkins grow everywhere in the world except Antarctica.
- The Libby company that sells canned pumpkins has it's headquarters in Morton, Illinois.
- The flowers on a pumpkin plant are edible.
- A pumpkin was recorded as weighing over 1100 pounds and is the largest on record.
- Pumpkins contain 90% water!
- Pumpkins are actually a type of squash.
- There are over 50 different varieties of pumpkins.
- Native Americans have used pumpkins for many things long before the pilgrims came to America.
EASY NO-CARVE PUMPKIN IDEAS
Once your kids get done with their pumpkin coloring pages they may still want to be creative. There are so many fun ways to create with pumpkins in a no-carve way.
We love to carve pumpkins, but it is also fun to get some of the small pie pumpkins and do “artwork” to make them extra special.
Here are some ideas to you get started! The sky is the limit on turning little pumpkins into works of art.
- Give your children some paintbrushes and craft paint and let them paint their little pumpkins.
- Get a pumpkin decorating craft kit and the kids can go crazy making cute faces on their pumpkins. These are great and mess-free.
- Follow these easy instructions to turn a small pumpkin into a turkey!
- A quick and easy idea is to just get some wiggly eyes and let the kids glue those onto their pumpkin. It is hilarious to see where they will put the eyes! Use glue dots to put the eyes on quickly and easily.
- Another fun way to decorate a small pumpkin is to use washi tape. It is repositionable so they cannot mess it up!
- It is easy to turn your pumpkin into a colorful mummy with this tutorial from Dream a Little Bigger. Such a cute no-carve idea.
FREE PRINTABLE PUMPKIN COLORING PAGES
I am so glad you stopped by! You can download and print off these free printable pumpkin coloring pages for your own personal home use.
Click this link or the image below to download: Pumpkin Coloring Pages
If you liked these pumpkin color sheets be sure to check out these other free printables for fall and Halloween:
- Bat Coloring Pages
- Ghost Coloring Pages
- Fall Leaves Coloring Pages
- Huge List of Free Printable Halloween Coloring Pages
Don't forget to SHARE this post with your friends on social media so they can swing by and print some pumpkins off too!