Asiago Cheese Crash Hot Potatoes
Asiago Cheese Crash Hot Potatoes are a delicious side dish that go great with any meal.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
small red potatoes
cut into small chunks
aged Asiago cheese
Salt and black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450°F and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil
2. Boil a large pot of salted water and add potatoes. Cook for about 15 minutes, or until potatoes are fork tender. Drain pot and set potatoes aside to cool.
3. Once cool enough to handle, place potatoes on prepared baking sheet and mash with a potato masher until flat. Leave room between potatoes so they are not overcrowded.
4. Top each potato with butter and half the Asiago cheese and fresh parsley. Place in pre-heated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until potatoes are nicely browned.
5. Remove from oven and top with remaining cheese and fresh parsley. Serve immediately.
Tip: If you do not have a potato masher, you can use the bottom of a heavy coffee mug or soup bowl to flatten the potatoes. (Choose a sturdy item that won’t crack from the pressure of pushing down on the boiled potatoes).
Adapted from The Pioneer Woman