If you need 60th birthday party ideas you have come to the right place. I have some amazing ideas to make the 60th birthday extra special for any man or woman! You can never have too many birthday party ideas!
WHY IS THE 60TH BIRTHDAY SPECIAL?
The 60th birthday is actually considered extra special in many cultures.
The Chinese believe that when you reach 60 years old you have completed a full cycle of life. There are usually extravagant parties for the 60th birthday! The belief is that the year following the 60th is the start of a new life!
Many people retire around the age of 60 and that seems to play a part in why this birthday is so great. It seems to signify the start of TIME for new hobbies and a focus on themselves instead of work!
60TH BIRTHDAY QUOTES
I love good quotes and there are some great ones for the 60th birthday. Here are some of my favorite 60th birthday quotes:
- After a man passes sixty, his mischief is mainly in his head. (Washington Irving)
- If I had to live again, I would do exactly the same thing. Of course I have regrets, but if you are 60 years old and you have no regrets then you haven’t lived. (Christy Moore)
- The years between fifty and seventy are the hardest. You are always being asked to do things, and yet you are not decrepit enough to turn them down. (T.S. Elliot)
- You’re a certified classic at sixty. (Dane Peddigrew)
- I was born old and get younger every day. At present I am sixty years young. (Hebert Beerhohm Tree)
- On my sixtieth birthday, my wife gave me a superb birthday present. She let me win an argument. (Unknown)
- Looking fifty is great…if you’re sixty. (Joan Rivers)
- At 60 you at least have excuses. (Unknown)
- After you finish celebrating your 60th birthday, feel free to stop supporting your children and start supporting your parents. (Joe Dean)
- Now that I’m 60, I wouldn’t want to be a teenager again, but I wouldn’t mind looking like one. (Melanie White)
60TH BIRTHDAY PARTY IDEAS
One thing about throwing a 60th birthday gathering is that the time for “funny” is kind of past and the time for sentimental has arrived!
I personally don’t recommend having a party that includes anything that makes fun of old age. Old age is AWESOME and everyone should be thrilled they have had this person in their life for 60 years!
There are still lots of great 60th birthday party ideas available to make this a special occasion for the birthday boy or girl.
SENTIMENTAL PARTY IDEAS
I am a sucker for sentimentality. It just makes my heart happy to show someone how much they mean to me! This is the perfect opportunity to show the birthday person how much they mean to the party goers!
Here are some of my favorite sentimental 60th ideas:
- Make a video montage for the person. Ask lots of family, friends and coworkers to say a little something to the birthday person on video and then compile all the footage into a nice video the person can keep!
- Create a “60 Reasons We Love You” board for the party. This can be done on a bulletin board with small slips of paper and thumb tacks. You can have people write notes and put them all into a special jar or container and give it to the person as a gift. There are endless ways to make this idea happen.
- Do a photo celebration with “60 Years in Photos”. You may have to ask relatives to help you compile a photo diary of the birthday person from birth to current. You can make this a very special scrapbook, photo album or even put the photos into a video. Everyone attending the party will love looking at this person’s life in photos!
- These are a “few of his/her favorite things” is a fun way to celebrate! Make the party all about the birthday person’s favorite foods, colors, songs, etc. It is fun to order retro candy that was popular when the person was a kid!
60TH CELEBRATION THEMES
I have some more fun ideas for this special gathering.
- How about a Flashback Party? People love looking back in time to the way things used to be. Research what was going on in the year the birthday person was born and use that info as part of the party!
- A Vintage Party is also fun and much nicer than an older than dirt theme, LOL. Vintage is SO in right now…try decorating with items from the birthday person’s childhood. You can find adorable custom vintage birthday shirts too! Those make a great gift.
- Another great 60th theme is “Cheers to 60 Years”. This is easy to decorate for and can work for men or women.
- “60 Rocks” is another fun theme for the party.
THE KEY TO A GOOD PARTY
I think the key to a good birthday party is to keep the birthday person’s thoughts and likes in mind. Don’t plan a party based on what YOU like…but what would make the special person happy.
Although I would love to throw a HUGE extravaganza for my dad…I know he doesn’t care for that kind of thing. Instead, a smaller more intimate gathering with the people he loves most is the way to go.
So when you start your party planning be sure to focus on how to make this the most special event for the birthday boy/girl!
So…which of these 60th birthday party ideas was your favorite? How do you plan to celebrate?
- Cupid Cocoa(Pink Hot Chocolate) - November 29, 2022
- Weight Watchers Diabetes Zero Point Foods List Printable - November 14, 2022
- Weight Watchers Zero Point Foods List Free Printable - November 14, 2022