I have a real love for wooden spools. Finding them at antique malls, garage sales and thrift stores really make me smile. There is a whole bag of wooden spools in my craft room and I need to get busy creating with them. I found some adorable wooden spool craft ideas for Christmas and will be crafting soon!
Wooden Spool Craft Ideas for Christmas
If you don’t have a bucket of wooden spools like I do there are a couple of solutions. First you can hit up some vintage or antique stores. I don’t know that I have ever gone in one that didn’t have some. Usually they are reasonably priced too.
Next you can ask some of your sewing friends if they have any. Many people save the spools and would probably be willing to part with a few..especially if you make them a craft out of it, LOL.
Last you can buy wooden spools. Now they aren’t really vintage spools, but since a lot of these wooden spool craft ideas involve painting or covering most of the spool it isn’t always critical.
Wooden Spool Christmas Ornaments
- This wooden spool Christmas tree ornament is a way to use those really small spools you have at home.
- Painted wooden spool ornaments are perfect for crafters who have painting skills.
- The vintage paper adds the perfect look for a vintage wooden spool ornament.
- Snowman wooden spool ornaments are great on the Christmas tree and throughout winter.
- I love the beaded wooden spool ornaments…they are very classy looking.
- The use of rickrack is adorable in this wooden spool ornaments.
- Kids will love making a Christmas shopping list ornament with a wooden spool.
- If you don’t want to sit bottle brush trees around the house you can make a bottle brush wooden spool ornament for the tree instead.
- A different and larger snowman wooden spool ornament that kids will enjoy making!
Wooden Spool Crafts with a Christmas Theme
- Another take on making small Christmas trees using a larger wooden spool and how to incorporate it into bedroom decor.
- How about making a wooden spool Christmas tree that you can stand on a side table? Too cute!
- Another take on a miniature Christmas tree…but with glitter it really sparkles!
- I love this mini Christmas tree using a wooden spool. It is a simple project and kids might like it too!
- Making a DIY Holiday Spool Necklace is something I never thought to do…but these are so cute it is on my list now.
- You can make a whole Christmas bottle brush village with wooden spools in no time!
- A vintage spool wall hanging is something you can put out year after year and people won’t believe you made it yourself.
- Wooden spool Christmas table decorations are fun projects you can customize for your home.
- I love the rustic look of this spool and wool garland.
What Wooden Spool Craft Ideas Do You Have?
I love making vintage type decorations right now. Finding the perfect vintage paper and accessories can be hard sometimes. The selection of vintage paper is great at Scrapbook.com. I love that you can buy it in packs or individual pieces of cardstock.
They also have a large selection of vintage embellishments. The reason scrapbooking embellishments work well is because they are small and the wooden spools are small. Don’t forget to look in your craft stash for ribbon, twine, etc. You probably have more supplies than you realize!
Does one of these wooden spool craft ideas for Christmas really jump out at you? What will you make?