These 70th birthday party ideas will make a very special birthday even better! It is always nice to get some new birthday party ideas to make the celebration a wonderful time for everyone!
WHY IS THE 70TH BIRTHDAY SPECIAL?
Every birthday is a milestone in some way. The 70th birthday has some special significance.
One thing about the 70th birthday is in reference to social security benefits. If you are able to wait until you turn 70 to start claiming social security you can get a much bigger benefit payout.
Many people see the age of 70 as a time to try new things. Jenny Allen Wood started running at the age of 71 and eventually broke the London marathon record for the oldest female over 70 years old! This shows that there is still time for new adventures.
70TH BIRTHDAY QUOTES
There are some wise words said about turning 70 years old. Here are some 70th birthday quotes:
- I have achieved my seventy years in the usual way, by sticking strictly to a scheme of life which would kill anybody else….I will offer here, as a sound maxim, this: That we can't reach old age by another man's road. (Mark Twain)
- On my seventieth birthday I felt as if I were standing on a mountain height, at whose foot the ocean of eternity was audibly rushing; while before me, life with its deserts and flower-gardens, its sunny days and its stormy days, spread out green, wild, and beautiful. (Heinrich Zschokke)
- The first forty years of our life give the text, the next thirty furnish the commentary upon it, which enables us rightly to understand the true meaning and connection of the text with its moral and its beauties. (Schopenhauer)
- You've heard of the three ages of man – youth, middle age, and “you're looking wonderful”. (Francis Cardinal Spellman)
70TH BIRTHDAY PARTY IDEAS
There are many ways to celebrate this milestone birthday. The key to a successful celebration is to keep the birthday person in mind when you are planning.
Plan a party that will make the special person happy…not that will make you happy! 🙂 Here are some of my favorite 70th birthday party ideas:
- When You Were Born Theme Party: older people enjoy looking back at their lives and remembering the good ole' days. Research what was going on in the world the year the birthday boy was born and plan a party around that theme. It will be a great walk down memory lane and will probably be very informative for younger guests!
- Classics Party: find out about some of the favorite brands your birthday person has loved through the years and theme the party around those brands. Some brand examples would be their favorite classic car, favorite classic soda pop, favorite candy, etc.
- 70 Amazing Memories: When a person reaches the age of 70 there are many memories of this person to be had. Gather up memories from at least 70 people and theme the party around those memories. You can do memories in jar…where people write the memories on small cards and place in jars. You could do a video of memories where people talk about their memories on video camera. There are lots of ways to make a memory party happen!
- 70 Years in Pictures Party: What better way to commemorate this birthday than to do a picture party? Get those photo albums out and make the party extra special by theming it around 70 years of photos of the birthday boy or girl.
70TH BIRTHDAY NON-PARTY IDEAS
If you want to plan something awesome but a party isn't going to be a welcome event for your special person there are lots of other ways to celebrate!
Here are some fun non-party ideas to commemorate the 70th birthday:
- A Day of Fishing may be a great way to spend a 70th birthday if the birthday boy or girl loves getting out on the water with a rod or reel.
- Night at the Theater might be a special way to celebrate. Take the birthday person out to a wonderful play or musical.
- Picnic at the Park is a fun afternoon. Make up an extra special basket of goodies and relax on a blanket and enjoy each other's company.
- Arrange for a Visit from a friend or relative the birthday person hasn't seen in a long time! This is a great surprise gift!
- Cooking Classes can be a fun way to go especially if the birthday gal has always wanted to learn to cook a new cuisine.
- What about a Drive Down Memory Lane? Rent a limo or sports car and drive the birthday person all over to places they grew up and places that are sentimental to them!
- Arrange for a Mini Reunion by bringing together a group of people who are special to the birthday person from their younger years.
SPECIAL GIFT IDEAS FOR A 70TH BIRTHDAY
My guess is that many older adults don't want more STUFF to sit around their house. People want to do something special though and gifts are one way to do that.
Instead of going out and buying a random gift for the birthday person, think about something unique or extra special.
Go in on a special gift with other friends or family members. Buy the birthday boy/girl an EXPERIENCE instead of an item. Here are some great “experience” or outing type gifts:
- Hot Air Balloon Ride
- Train Trip Experience
- Helicopter Ride
- Spa Day
- Golf Outing
- Hire a Housekeep for a Day or a Handyman for a Day
- DNA kit for ancestry project
- Rent a local museum or zoo for a few hours after closing
- Behind the scenes tour of the local TV station or radio station
- Arrange for a “For a Day” experience…Principal for a Day, Banker for a Day, etc.
- Box Seats at a sporting event they love
- Limo Ride with dinner and local tours
HOW WILL YOU CELEBRATE?
So who has a special birthday coming up? How will you celebrate that big 70th? I hope some of these 70th birthday party ideas are helpful in making it a super fantastic day!
Latest posts by Jamie (see all)
- 10 Places To Visit With Your Kids Before They Grow Up - January 22, 2020
- Healthy Appetizers for Your Next Party - January 21, 2020
- Free Printable Sunglasses Valentines - January 21, 2020