These activities for a 12 year old birthday party are so interesting. Kids will love the ideas listed here. Birthday parties are always exciting!
ACTIVITIES FOR A 12 YEAR OLD BIRTHDAY PARTY FOR BOYS
Kids always look forward to their birthday party. Often times when we ask our boys what they want to do they would say “anything” or “I don’t know”. The important thing for them is that they would get to have fun or get to play some games with their friends. Here are some ideas to help you plan an amazing party for your little boys:
1. LASER TAG
In the digital era, with so many cutting-edge technologies available, today’s youth are constantly benefiting from exciting new forms of entertainment. Sadly, this has caused kids to spend less time outside, which clearly contrasts with the past. The older generations would spend most of their time outside playing and enjoying the great outdoors.
And laser tag is kind of a mixture of outdoor technology. They will enjoy running in the arena, aiming, shooting, and vying for points with their friends. If he hasn’t tried laser tag yet, now is the time to do that. It is super fun! Check out these laser tag arenas that might be in your area:
- The Edge – Belleville, Illinois
- Laser X Arena – Kirkland, Washington
- Actionworld Team – Switzerland
- Stratum Laser Tag – Mesa, Arizona
- Winter Laser Tag – Levi, Finland
- Laser Tag Explosion – East Dundee, Illinois
- Revolution Laser Tag – Michigan
- Track 21 – Houston, Texas
- Laser Zone – Sugar Land, Texas
- Arena 53 – New York
2. BOOT CAMP PARTY
During this time of the pandemic, kids have mostly stayed at home. And because of this, they have less and less energy each day that goes by. What better way to re-energize them than a boot camp party?! This is the best way to hype them up for their birthday.
Guests can come in camo attire or may an army green shirt. This theme is something worth trying! They are going to spend the day with loads of fun activities. Here is a list of fun activities to do for a boot camp party:
- Tug of War
- Obstacle Courses
- Simon Says
- Flashlight Tag
- Fit the items in the bag
- Save the Soldier
- Sack Race
- MRE Food Eating Contest
- Relay Games
- Toy Gun Fight
To make the party more special, here are a couple of decoration ideas for you to look at:
- Camouflage Birthday Decor – this set would already include a Happy Birthday banner, a cake & cupcake topper, some 3D printed paper centerpieces, and of course balloons.
- Army Birthday Party Supplies – the pack includes 1 Happy Birthday banner, 10 different designs of hanging swirls, 16 camo balloons, a cake topper, 24 pieces of cupcake toppers, and a plastic tablecloth. The guests will surely be impressed with these decorations.
- Camouflage Army Party Goodie Boxes – it’s not a kid’s birthday party when there aren’t giveaways. These cute camo boxes would be a perfect addition to the party! There are 24 goodie boxes included in the set with 6 different designs available. You can fill this up with candies, little toy soldiers, or maybe some dog tag necklaces.
3. ARCADE DAY
If you have decided to organize your son’s birthday party in a game arcade, you are about to indulge yourself. A birthday party here offers an afternoon of fun with little or no effort at all on your part. This way, you can spend more time bonding with your birthday boy!
There’s nothing more he would wish for than spending a day at the arcade with a bunch of his friends and family. Check these arcade centers that might be near you:
- Modern Pinball NYC – New York
- Chinatown Fair – New York
- American Classic Arcade Museum – New Hampshire
- America’s Playable Arcade Museum – McLean, Illinois
- Musee Mecanique – San Francisco
- National Videogame Museum – Frisco, Texas
- Pennsylvania Coin Operated Gaming Hall of Fame and Museum – Aliquippa, Pennsylvania
- Roanoke Pinball Museum – Virginia Seattle
- Pinball Museum – Seattle
- The Strong – One Manhattan Square Rochester, New York
4. GAMING PARTY
Does your son love playing video games? Of course, he does! I mean most kids do. He will love this ultimate gamer birthday bash! This party will have him and his friends talking about it for weeks! You can let the other kids bring their own gaming devices also to make it more exciting for them.
Here are some games I’ve listed down that are sure to be fun during the party. Don’t worry these are kid-friendly games. Check them out:
- Among Us
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- Crossy Road
- Forza Horizon 4
- Kingdom Hearts III
- Kirby and the Forgotten Land
- Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
5. SUPERHERO PARTY
For a superhero party filled with action, it all comes down to the decorations. If you want to impress your guests and surprise the birthday boy with cool party decorations, check these ideas out:
- Superhero Cityscape Party Decors – this set includes a superhero backdrop with13 different large photo booth props they will enjoy. They are going to be excited to take pictures with this cool backdrop.
- Marvel x Justice League Party Supplies – your little boy would get everything he could have imagined with this awesome decor set. The pack includes 165 pcs of party accessories – 6 different superhero masks, 5 foil balloons, some slap bracelets for giveaways, 50 cool sticker designs, a Happy Birthday banner, 10 invitation cards, 10 loot bags, a Marvel tablecloth, a cake & cupcake topper, and 40 balloons for an arch garland. He will be thrilled with all these decorations.
- Decorlife Superhero Party Decorations – if you are going to make your own decorations for the party or already have supplies, these utensils will be a great addition. This is how superheroes are supposed to eat…with incredible superhero-themed plates and cups!
Is your kid having a hard time picking out a superhero costume to wear for his big day? I’ve got you covered! Here is a list of costumes he might like:
ACTIVITIES FOR A 12 YEAR OLD BIRTHDAY PARTY FOR GIRLS
Now, let’s talk about our little girls. It’s easier to throw a birthday party when they are young but each year that they get older, it becomes harder to please them. It has been pretty obvious that birthday celebrations have different looks for different people. But, one thing will remain the same, they want to have fun. Here are some ideas that they might have been dreaming for:
1. PRINCESS PARTY
No girl is too old for a princess party. Us girls like the feeling of being treated like a princess, don’t deny it! The birthday girl will feel super extra special with this princess party. She is going to love every bit of it – the dressing up, the makeover, and the attention. Remember…the 12th birthday is kind of like the last “kid” birthday!
This won’t have to be an all-girls party, boys could still come. They could dress up as prince charming. It would be so cute to look at! A princess birthday celebration might just be every girl’s dream party. This is going to be one of those unforgettable celebrations.
If she doesn’t have a favorite princess or is having a hard time picking. This list will be a big help to you:
2. SLUMBER PARTY
There’s nothing better than a good old-fashioned sleepover. It doesn’t matter if they have tried doing it plenty of times before, it is always a fun time for them every time. There is so much to do at slumber parties! They could do each other’s nails, tell stories, have a movie night, play some games, and a lot more.
If the birthday girl wants to invite boys, that can be arranged. The boys can either sleep in a separate room or if not, they can stay until a certain time and then go home afterward. Here are some additional activities that they could try out during their sleepover:
- Design your own sleeping mask
- Game Cards: Who Knows The Birthday Girl Best
- Fluffy Slime Making
- Applying Face Masks
- Play Blank Slate
3. PAMPER DAY
Who doesn’t enjoy a full day of relaxation and enjoyment with their closest friends? Grown-ups love spa treatments, and they do it to pamper themselves, so why make kids an exception? Nothing could please them more than one day at the spa with their friends.
There are plenty of activities your children can do on a marvelous spa day. A day in the spa means refreshment and a relaxing experience. One of the greatest things for young girls to do is yoga. After that relaxing activity, they can paint each other’s nails, do some facial treatments, fix each other’s hair, and maybe even have a soothing foot spa.
4. MAKE UP EXTRAVAGANZA
Time for some makeover! This is the age that most girls experiment on their faces with make up. There is something about make up that fascinates every girl. Each one of us is already beautiful in our own ways but for some reason putting on make up makes us feel more pretty and confident.
Some parents might not love this idea, but I think this is something that they should experience. It’s very fun and exciting for them. Not to forget, a make up extravaganza wouldn’t be complete without their own make up kit. This kit is completely safe and was made especially for their skin. The make up kit will already include everything that they will need.
5. AFTERNOON TEA PARTY
Remember a time when they were younger, they would always play tea parties with their dolls and toys. Why not make it happen for real this time?! Surprise your little girl with an afternoon tea party. She can finally say that she had a tea party with her friends.
To make it very realistic, set up the table with complete utensils needed for a tea part, preferably matching plates and cups. You can also add some table napkins and flowers. For a magical experience, have the tea party outside – the backyard or porch.
When it comes to children’s tea, the food should be delicious and engaging. Here are a few interesting ideas for a children’s tea party menu, from tea to finger foods and everything they could possibly want.
- Tea – of course, it’s not a tea party without some hot tea on the table.
- Lemonade or fruit punch – kids might not like the taste of tea so it is better to be prepared to also serve an alternative drink for tea.
- Macarons – the cute colors of macarons will brighten up the table more.
- Mini sandwiches – food served during tea parties should be bite-sized.
- Biscuits or cookies – this is great to pair with a cup of tea.
- Cupcakes – instead of cake, you can just serve cupcakes.
- Tarts – these are great yummy desserts to have.
GENDER-NEUTRAL ACTIVITIES FOR A 12 YEAR OLD BIRTHDAY PARTY
Kids grow up so fast. One minute you’re dropping them off at kindergarten school, and the next thing you know, they are about to become a teenager. Our kids deserve the best, and one way to show them how much we love and care for them is by throwing them an amazing birthday bash.
Planning birthday parties can be stressful and tiring. But, all of that goes away and everything will be worth it once you see the smile on your kid’s face. If they weren’t into the ideas listed above. One of these activities for a 12 year old birthday party for both boys and girls might catch their eye.
1. PICNIC DAY
A nice day out to the park sounds wonderful. The great thing about organizing a picnic party is that the outside setting is just about everything you need. You can add balloons and a banner for a more festive feel. There is something amusing and unique about celebrating your special day with a picnic under the sun.
A picnic party meal is all about the convenience of eating and serving. Serve tasty snacks that you can munch on throughout the afternoon. Here are a couple of ideas for you:
- Chips and dip
- Biscuits or Cookies
Now that you have some ideas about the food and setup, all that’s left to do is to prepare and make sure you have all the things you are going to need for the picnic. This is a mini checklist for some of the items you need to bring with you for the picnic party:
2. POOL PARTY
A pool party is a perfect way to celebrate a party mostly if your kid’s birthday is during summertime. Make it a memorable experience for the kids by including delicious food & drinks, fabulous pool-side decor, and some cute floaties. If you don’t have a pool at home, that’s fine, there are some swimming pool places that you can rent out.
A great pool party should have some awesome decorations. Check this list out for some fun and festive party decors:
- Fruit Pool Floaties – this will include 4 different inflatable floats (watermelon, orange, kiwi, and lemon)
- Pool Party Supplies – this package includes a banner with “HAPPY BIRTHDAY” written on it, 1 piece of garland with beach theme signs, a cake topper, 36 pieces of cupcake toppers in 9 patterns, and 15 pieces of latex balloons in 5 designs.
- Party Utensils – these summer-themed plates, spoons & forks, tissue napkins, and snack plates are so cute to include for the party.
3. KARAOKE PARTY
Whether your kid has a beautiful singing voice or not, a karaoke birthday is a party that everyone will enjoy! Living life in lockdown for how many months means finding new and many ideas to keep kids entertained. Karaoke is one of those ideas. It takes a bit of planning to host the best home karaoke party, but I am here to help!
Make the party extra fun by adding some games. Here are a few karaoke game ideas:
- Friendly Sing Off
- Guess the next line of the song lyric
- Sing a song by a certain artist
- Set themes for what songs to sing (just like the game in Pitch Perfect)
- Guess the song artist
4. COSTUME PARTY
One thing’s for sure, once the kids hear about this costume party, they will be so thrilled! Spice up the party a little by adding a prize for the guest wearing the best costume besides your kid. You can also add a theme so it would be easier to judge their costumes.
You know what would be more fun? Parents of the guests should also come in costumes! It is a costume party – everybody should join in the fun experience!
5. THEME PARK
Throwing a birthday party at a theme park would be easier because you don’t have to prepare as much as when celebrating at home. A theme park party will keep them busy the whole day. They can try all the rides they want as much as they want to.
In addition to that, they will enjoy it more since they will be with their friends. I’ve prepared a list of great parks to try! If you tried some of these already, pick out somewhere new!
- Cedar Point – Sandusky, Ohio
- Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom – Orlando, Florida
- Kings Island – Mason, Ohio
- Hersheypark – Hershey, Pennsylvania
- Six Flags Magic Mountain – Valencia, California
- Busch Gardens – Williamsburg, Virginia
- Knott’s Berry Farm – Buena Park, California
- Dollywood – Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
- Six Flags Great America – Gurnee, Illinois
- Legoland – Carlsbad, California
6. TREASURE HUNT
This is just going to be like a scavenger hunt party. You just have to plan out fun and cool things they have to look for around the neighborhood! All you need to do is to be creative. You can also search for printables online to get an idea of what should be included in your treasure hunt list.
This treasure hunt party can be arranged anywhere – just make sure the area you pick to have it is a safe place for kids to roam around. Some places a treasure hunt can be held at:
- At the park
- Your backyard
- Around the house
- The mall
7. CAMPING OUT
Camping is a great activity for kids to be able to see and appreciate the beauty of nature. However, if there aren’t safe campsites near your area, you can always have them camp out in your backyard. That would also be fun. You can make a bonfire and eat s’mores. They can also drink some hot cocoa before going to sleep. Camping is an experience they are sure to remember for a long time!
8. TRIP TO THE ZOO
Visiting a zoo provides plenty of amazing learning opportunities. While having an enjoyable day to explore, children will develop valuable skills and gain invaluable knowledge. A day in the zoo also promotes healthy living as well as bringing family and friends together. It is the perfect day trip destination for your kid’s birthday!
Here are some great zoos for the whole family to check out:
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park – Bay Lake, Florida
- San Diego Zoo – San Diego
- Houston Zoo – Houston
- Lincoln Park Zoo – Chicago, Illinois
- St. Louis Zoo – St. Louis, Missouri
- Smithsonian National Zoo – Washington, DC
- Denver Zoo – Denver, Colorado
- Henry Doorly Zoo – Omaha, Nebraska
- Columbus Zoo and Aquarium – Liberty Township, Ohio
- Indianapolis Zoo – Indianapolis, Indiana
9. MINI GOLF
Looking for something new to do? How about some mini golf? It will be fun as well as beneficial for the kids! A mini golf celebration is one of the activities for a 12 year old birthday party that you should definitely throw. It would be a great form of exercise for them. Plus, it can help kids develop eye-to-hand coordination, balance, improve their math, problem-solving, concentration, and decision-making skills.
If you plan to celebrate their birthday at a mini golf course, here are some spots you should check out:
- Par-King Skill Gold – Lincolnshire, Illinois
- Pirate’s Cove Adventure Golf – Lake George, New York
- Disney’s Winter Summerland Miniature Golf Course – Lake Buena Vista, Florida
- Greatest Adventures Miniature Gold – Branson, Missouri
- Around The World Golf Course – Lake George, New York
- Del Mar Golf Center (Pelly’s Mini Golf) – Del Mar, California
- Lakeview Putt & Play – Arden, North Carolina
- Golfland USA – Sunnyvale, California
- Bonanza Golf and Gifts – Kissimmee, Florida
- Stagecoach Greens – San Francisco, California
10. DESSERT PARTY
They will go crazy with this idea! Imagine getting to eat all the sweets you want for the whole day… any kid would want that! But, you can still serve other food. Sweets and desserts will just be the main attraction. The birthday celebrant can make a list of his/her favorite desserts. You can also add a fun activity like “make your own cupcake” during the party! It is going to be loads of fun!
If you liked this fun Activities for a 12 Year Old Birthday Party post, be sure to check these other great posts out:
- Best Gifts for 13th Birthday for Girls
- Happy Birthday Coloring Pages
- Easy Birthday Party Games for Kids
Be sure to PIN this for later and SHARE it on Facebook!
- Cupid Cocoa(Pink Hot Chocolate) - November 29, 2022
- Weight Watchers Diabetes Zero Point Foods List Printable - November 14, 2022
- Weight Watchers Zero Point Foods List Free Printable - November 14, 2022