Wondering how to cook frozen Tyson chicken strips in the air fryer? You've come to the right place. These chicken strips are so juicy and crispy! The kids are going to love this!
FAVORITE DIPPING SAUCES FOR CHICKEN STRIPS
There is a wide variety of dipping sauces to choose from. It is already delicious on its own but here are some of the best ones to try with these chicken strips:
First, on the list, we have the most classic dip, ketchup. It tastes good with fried chicken, chicken nuggets, and chicken tenders. But most definitely it will taste great with these chicken strips as well. If you're looking for something healthier than regular store-bought ones, try this Sugar-Free Ketchup Recipe (great for WW).
Some people are not a fan of ketchup on chicken they would prefer gravy. There are instant gravy sauces you can buy at the grocery store but you can also make this at home. It's really easy actually, you will only need some flour, butter, and spices.
- BBQ Sauce
Of course, this will be on the list, BBQ sauce. This tangy with a little hint of sweet & spice sauce will certainly give your chicken strips that extra delicious flavor. And again, if you're looking for something healthier than regular store-bought ones, try this Weight Watchers BBQ Sauce (Sugar-Free).
Last but definitely not the least, ranch. It's creamy & flavorful, what's not to love? Here is a recipe you can try Popeyes Blackened Ranch Sauce (copycat). With this recipe, you're going to want more of it. Luckily, you can have unlimited supplies of ranch sauce at home!
HOW TO COOK TYSON CHICKEN STRIPS IN AN AIR FRYER OVEN
Don't have a countertop air fryer? That's fine! These frozen Tyson chicken strips in the air fryer are very crispy but cooking these in the air fryer oven will also work. Here's how:
- First off, preheat your oven to 400° F if your air fryer oven. Do this if your oven requires some preheating.
- Then, place the frozen chicken strips in a single layer on the air fryer oven rack. Be sure not to overcrowd the rack with chicken strips.
- Cook for about 15 to 20 minutes or just until cooked through and golden brown.
- You are going to need to turn the chicken strips halfway through the cooking time so they can be cooked on both sides and get that crunchy perfection.
Note: there is no need to put or spray olive oil on these before cooking.
OTHER COOKING METHODS FOR FROZEN TYSON CHICKEN STRIPS
If you don't have an air fryer (countertop or oven), no worries! You can still enjoy these crispy chicken strips. There are different ways to cook these. Here are some other ways to do so:
- Conventional Oven
If you are going to cook with a conventional oven, here are the steps to follow:
- Preheat your oven to 425° F first.
- Then, on a baking sheet, place your frozen chicken tenderloin strips on a single layer. (Do not overcrowd)
- Bake this for about 18 to 20 minutes.
- Allow cooling for about a minute or so. Serve and enjoy!
And, if you are going to cook the chicken fries in a microwave, here are the steps to follow:
- Grab yourself a microwave-safe plate to put the chicken strips on. Then, arrange them in a single layer.
- Set the microwave heat on high. The heating time will vary on how much you are going to cook. Check cooking time for the following pieces below:
1 piece of tenderloin strip – 1 and a half to 2 minutes
2 pieces of tenderloin strips – 2 and a half to 3 minutes
3 pieces of tenderloin strips – 3 minutes
Note: Make sure you don't overheat them.
- Once that's done heating up, remove from the microwave and let stand for a minute or two before serving.
WHAT ABOUT DIFFERENT BRANDS OF CHICKEN STRIPS?
If you would prefer another brand of chicken strips, the cooking method will most likely be the same. Here are some other brands you can get from the grocery store:
- Trader Joe's Breaded Chicken
- Perdue Chicken Breast Tenders
- Simple Truth Organic Buffalo Style Chicken Tenders
- Gardein Seven Grain Crispy Tenders
- Caulipower Chicken Tenders
- Wayne Farms Gourmet Chef's Craft Chicken Breast Chunks
- Foster Farms Crispy Strips
INGREDIENTS NEEDED TO MAKE FROZEN TYSON CHICKEN STRIPS IN THE AIR FRYER
For this, you are only going to need one thing:
- Tyson Chicken Tenders
HOW TO COOK FROZEN CHICKEN STRIPS IN THE AIR FRYER?
Once you have your frozen chicken strips, you can now start cooking this quick weeknight dinner. Follow the directions below for the best results!
STEP ONE: PREHEAT AIR FRYER
Preheat your air fryer to 400° F. However, if your air fryer does not have a preheat function, you can skip this step.
STEP TWO: PLACE CHICKEN STRIPS
Inside your air fryer basket, place your frozen Tyson chicken strips in a single layer. You can put as many, but make sure you don't overcrowd it or you can also put as few as you want.
You won't need to spray oil before placing the tender strips.
STEP THREE: COOK
Set the cooking time on your air fryer to 15 minutes. Cook this until golden brown. You can turn these over mid-way through cooking if you want, but it isn't critical that you do it.
Note: you might have to cook in batches depending on the size of your air fryer.
STEP FOUR: SERVE
Remove from the air fryer basket and transfer to a serving plate. Allow this to sit for maybe a minute or two. Serve and enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce!
FROZEN CHICKEN STRIPS IN THE AIR FRYER RECIPE CARD
Now that you know all about chicken strips it is time to print the recipe or save the recipe. You can print off the complete ingredients and instructions for frozen Tyson chicken strips in the air fryer via the recipe card below.
If you don’t have time to print it off right now, no worries! Just save the pin to your Pinterest account by clicking the pin button located in the recipe card below.
If you make this recipe and LOVE it…please come back and leave a 5-star rating. It would mean so much to me!
These frozen Tyson chicken strips in the air fryer are quick to cook! No prepping needed, just straight to cooking!
- 1 Pack Tyson Frozen Chicken Strips
Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
Place frozen chicken strips or tenderloins in a single layer in the air fryer basket. No oil is needed. Don’t overcrowd the basket.
Air Fry for 15 minutes, turning over ½ way through the cooking time. Air fry until golden brown and crispy. Allow to sit for 1-2 minutes.
Remove from basket and serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
If you liked this delicious recipe for frozen Tyson chicken strips in the air fryer, be sure to check these other great recipes out:
- Jose Ole Mini Tacos in the Air Fryer
- Homemade Air Fryer French Toast Sticks
- Weight Watchers Chicken Enchilada Bake
Be sure to PIN this for later and SHARE it on Facebook!
- More Weight Watchers Changes in 2023 - March 25, 2023
- Printable Easter Bunny Note to Child - March 20, 2023
- Easter Egg Filler Ideas for Adults - March 13, 2023
Leave a Reply