Ham and Bean Soup is such a warm comforting dinner. When you make ham and bean soup in the Instant Pot you can make it FAST! This is also a great Weight Watchers recipe if you are looking for a healthy soup.
Ham and Bean Soup in the Instant Pot
Beans are a really versatile food and packed full of nutrients. Did I mention that beans are budget friendly too? Especially if you by dry beans.
The problem with dry beans is that they can take forever to cook…sometimes soaking is involved…it can be a process. I don't like to spend all day in the kitchen so I want to find short cuts.
An electric pressure cooker is a great short cut when you are cooking with beans. It makes this ham and bean soup recipe go so much quicker!
How to Make Ham and Bean Soup in the Instant Pot
- First diced the onion and garlic into very small pieces.
- Now add the onion, garlic and olive oil to the Instant Pot and push the saute setting. Cook these until they are translucent and soft.
- Push the cancel button so the pot will stop sauteing. Go ahead and add the dry navy beans, ham, salt, pepper and parsley to the pot. Pour the chicken stock and water over the ingredients and stir to combine.
- Put the lid on the Instant Pot and set the pressure to high for 40 minutes. It will take about 20 minutes for the pot to pressurize before it starts cooking.
- When the ham and bean soup is finished cooking do a quick release. The quick release will take about 10 minutes or so to finish.
Weight Watchers Freestyle SmartPoints
If you are trying to eat healthy and are following the WW program this is a great recipe. It is very filling and is only 3 Freestyle SmartPoints per serving. The serving size is about one cup.
Need More Soup Ideas?
Ham and Bean Soup in the Instant Pot is an easy dinner and packed full of goodness. This is also a great Weight Watchers soup recipe!
Using the saute setting on your instant pot, heat olive oil. Add onion and garlic and cook until translucent.
Hit cancel on your instant pot to stop sautéing, then add beans, ham, pepper, parsley and salt.
Add chicken stock and water. Stir until all ingredients are combined.
Place lid on the instant pot and set to high pressure for 40 minutes.
The pot will take around 20 minutes to pressurize before cooking.
Do a quick release when the recipe is finished cooking, which will take around 10 minutes.
This recipe makes approximately 5 cups. Each serving is one cup.
If you are following Weight Watchers this recipe is 3 Freestyle SmartPoints per serving.