I recently bought the Clue SEI scrapbook kit and decided to write a full Club SEI Scrapbook Kit Review to share! Monthly scrapbooking kits are one of my favorite things to find in the mail and it is fun to try new kits out.
CLUB SEI SCRAPBOOK KIT REVIEW
If you are not familiar with SEI Crafts they have been around for a long time. SEI stands for Sew Easy Industries. They have been around since 1979 and have evolved a lot over the years.
The company sells iron-ons, tie-dye colors and scrapbooking supplies. My interest in SEI Crafts has always been their scrapbooking supplies!
SCRAPBOOKING KIT CLUB MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION
SEI Crafts offers three different monthly kit clubs. They have a monthly card-making kit club. There is the scrapbooking monthly kit club and last is a combo kit club where you get both kits together.
My Club SEI Scrapbook Kit Review is all based on the scrapbooking kit because that is what I ordered!
The Club SEI Monthly Scrapbook Kit is $25 each month and that includes shipping. Kits will be billed and shipped during the first week of each month.
You can cancel your subscription anytime after your first order. There are no returns allowed.
WHAT I LOVED ABOUT THE CLUB SEI SCRAPBOOK KIT
I was not sure what to expect with the Club SEI Scrapbook kit. Overall I was happy with my purchase.
- The first thing I love is the PRICE! The price of $25 is amazing for a kit, especially since that includes shipping. This cost is quite a bit less than other kits I have seen.
- The next thing I loved about the kit is that it makes 5 double page layouts. I prefer double page layouts and love that this is how the whole kit is set up. Ten pages for $25 is a great deal.
- I loved that each layout was packaged individually. This makes it so simple to keep track of each kit and I am not digging around trying to find the pieces to one layout in a pouch full of stuff for 10 layouts!
- The box the kits came in is awesome. I just love the nice cardboard box because I can reuse it for scrapbooking supplies. It is like a 12 x 12 pizza box and holds supplies perfectly!
- Every layout has a picture and instructions included and I LOVE THAT SO MUCH. The reason I use kits is because I want to get more work done fast and having a picture of the layout and directions makes this happen for me.
WHAT I DIDN'T LOVE ABOUT THE CLUB SEI SCRAPBOOK KIT
It is hard to find a monthly scrapbook kit that has everything you want in it. There are usually some things I wish were different.
I am sharing a few things I didn't care for about the Club SEI scrapbook kit. Each scrapbooker is unique and the things I like or dislike may be completely different from your tastes!
- The kits include perforated sheets of embellishments. These are 12 x 12 cardstock pages with smaller cards, tags, etc. that you can use on the layout. I do not care for the perforation because that adds more work for me to cut it off. It doesn't come across as high quality.
- There is no preview for these kits. It is kind of a get-what-you-get type of kit club. I understand that is probably what helps them keep the price down. Since there are no reviews and no returns…you are kind of stuck with what you receive.
- The kits I received were very generalized. In some ways general layouts can be a good thing, but too many generic layouts get boring for me. Since this is my first kit I do not know if they typically offer holiday and seasonal layouts or if every month is pretty generic layouts.
- There does not appear to be much waste in these kits. This means that I probably cannot make extra layouts with leftover material. They seem to have counted each supply item out so that it makes the layout idea included and that is about it. I do love leftovers, LOL.
WILL I REORDER THE CLUB SEI MONTHLY SCRAPBOOK KIT
I am planning to do another month with this kit and see what I think after two months. There are enough good things for me to try it out a little longer.
Ten pages can really speed up my scrapping progress!
Have you tried the Club SEI scrapbook kits? If so, what did you think?? Let me know what you thought of my Club SEI scrapbook kit review and if it helped you at all!