Graduation is a special time in your child's life and these Graduation Scrapbook Ideas will help you commemorate it. Scrapbooking allows you to make a keepsake your child will love to look at for years to come.
Graduation Scrapbook Ideas
There are many different ways you can create a graduation scrapbook. I have come up with several graduation scrapbook ideas to get the creative juices flowing.
I have a daughter graduating this year and have been putting a lot of time into her scrapbooks.
High School Years Scrapbook
I am planning to have a finished high school years scrapbook completed when my daughter graduates. This scrapbook covers each year of high school and the activities she was involved in.
Her scrapbook ended up being big enough I had to put it into 2 albums!
The end of the scrapbook will be the actual graduation layouts. Obviously these will have to be completed in the weeks following graduation…after I have had time to rest, LOL.
Graduation Scrapbook Only
If you haven't been scrapbooking the past four years of your child's life you probably won't have time to do it all now! It is fine to create a scrapbook that focuses only on graduation.
Some graduation scrapbook ideas to make this scrapbook special are:
- Include a reflection letter that your child writes about their high school years.
- Don't forget to make a layout for the graduation announcements and the graduation program.
- Using some zippered pocket protectors is a great place to put some of the special cards your child receives from friends and loved ones.
- It is nice if each parent writes a letter to the graduate and these can be put into the scrapbook.
- You can put some pages in the scrapbook for people to sign at the graduation party.
- It is fun to do a layout with a school picture from each year of school, ending up with the graduation photos.
- Another fun layout would be a Kindergarten picture and a senior picture on the same page.
- How about putting the news headlines from graduation day in a layout!
- Asking your child's close friends to write a little note about your child for the scrapbook would be a great surprise.
- If you child has any scholarships it is nice to put those letters in the book.
- If your child is heading off to college you could dedicate a layout to that school and tell all about it.
- Putting a nice poem about graduation and the future is a great way to finish the scrapbook.
Graduation Scrapbook Ideas You Don't Want to Forget
Graduation day itself is CRAZY, especially for mothers. I have gone through it once and have 3 more to go. There are certain aspects of the day that you really need to document with photographs.
It is fine to delegate these specific photos to someone who is good with a camera and you can depend on.
Special moments you will want to document are:
- Photos of the school building and sign.
- Photo of your graduate getting ready before the ceremony.
- You definitely want pictures of your child walking onto the stage and accepting the diploma. You may need to take a zoom lens to get good shots of this.
- If at all possible try to get photos of your child and their classmates throwing their caps.
- After the ceremony there will be lots of hugs that will need to captured on film.
- Pictures of the graduation decor and party are a must too.
- Don't forget to take plenty of pictures of the graduate with all the family members.
Shortcuts for a Graduation Scrapbook
Scrapbooking is very time-consuming and some people want a graduation scrapbook for their child, but don't want to do it all themselves.
There are a few shortcuts you can take for your graduation scrapbook project.
- First off you can hire someone to make the scrapbook for you. There are people who have a business that is just scrapbooking for others. Keepsake Creations offers custom scrapbooks for almost any occasion. Looking at her work shows me she would do a great job.
- Another company that creates custom scrapbooks is Scrapbook Mamma
- One shortcut to make a graduation scrapbook fast is to do a digital scrapbook that you then have printed. Usually you will have a hard bound scrapbook in the end. Digital scrapbooking has come a long way and they usually look amazing.
- This is a great option for people who don't usually scrapbook and don't have all the supplies needed.
- My last tip for save time on a graduation scrapbook is to use page kits. These kits have all the supplies you will need for the layout and show you how to make it. Then you add your photos.
Some page kits are premade and all you have to do is add the pictures. Here are some cute graduation page kits:
- Karen Foster Designs Hats Off Graduation Collection
- Reminisce You've Been Schooled High School Collection
- EZ Layouts Premade Graduation Day Layout
- Journeys of Joy Graduation Layout
- Creations of Cindy G has a Graduate Layout
- Connie's Paper Crafts Graduation Day Layout
What Graduation Scrapbook Ideas Do You Have?
Are you preparing for a graduation this year too? What graduation scrapbook ideas do you have? I am always up for new ideas!
If you love scrapbooking be sure to join my Sweet Scrapbooking Facebook Group for inspiration! Be sure to PIN this post so you can refer back to it later.