I love snow…yes I am one of “those” people! I love to play out in the snow with my kids…but in Kansas the wind can be brutal and it isn't always practical to be outside. The next best thing to playing in the snow…is to cuddle up inside and watch these great movies for a snow day!
These are movies that remind me of snow…they all have lots of snow in them….and they are all pretty family friendly! There are 2 missing from my picture….isn't it funny how things disappear in a house full of kids? 🙂
10 Great Movies for a Snow Day
1. FROZEN: What is not to love about this Disney movie! If you haven't seen it…you really should. I think it will go down as one of the BEST Disney movies EVER! There is definitely no shortage of snow in this movie!!
2. SNOW DOGS: This is a funny, family movie. Cuba Gooding Jr. is a riot and the dogs are adorable. Another hit by Disney back in 2002.
3. FUNNY FARM: I love Chevy Chase…he cracks me up. This is an older movie…rated PG. The whole movie isn't set in the winter…but there are lots of winter scenes and this movie always makes me think of snow! If you haven't seen it…it is an oldie, but goodie! I laugh out loud every time I see it!
4. HAPPY FEET: Penguins are one of my favorite creatures…even if they are animated! This movie is so cute and fun to watch!
5. JACK FROST: This is one of my mom's favorite movies. If you haven't seen this movie…be prepared for some sad parts. I did have to explain to my younger children that it is JUST a movie…we don't believe that people who pass away could come back as snowmen… 🙂 This movie does have LOTS of positive messages and lots of funny parts as well! It is worth watching!!
6. ICE PRINCESS: Another great movie by Disney. This is a really uplifting story for the whole family!
7. SANTA CLAUSE 3: THE ESCAPE CLAUSE: I love all the Santa Clause movies…but this one really makes me think of snow! I guess because Jack Frost is the villian…a fun movie! Tim Allen can always get a laugh out of me!
8. THE FAMILY MAN: This is one of my all time favorite movies! This movie makes me laugh and cry! It is rated PG-13 and it may not be suitable for young children. There are a few more adult scenes…so you may want to wait and watch it after the kids go to bed! I love the moral of this movie…reminds you of what is REALLY important…family!
9. THE CHRONICLES OF NARNIA: THE LION, THE WITCH AND THE WARDROBE: This movie is so epic and wonderful…the books are even better! There is lots of snow in this wonderful tale. It is an adventure movie that everyone should see!
10. LITTLE WOMEN: This is another classic that I adore! I read the book as a teenager and was so excited when the remake came out in 1999. This may not be a movie that guys/boys will enjoy…but I would think that just about any female would love it! You can watch the 1999 remake or even the 1933 version with Katharine Hepburn…it is on DVD now.
I hope you enjoy some of these great movies for a snow day as much as my family does! It is a great way to pass a frigid day indoors!! Don't forget to make some hot chocolate to go along with your movie!
- 35 Summer Chicken Crock Pot Recipes You Will Love - June 8, 2023
- Ultimate Summer Camp Packing List for Kids (Free) - June 5, 2023
- Free Printable Worm Coloring Page - May 31, 2023
CouponGal (Andi) says
i actually saw “Snow Dogs” a few years ago – you’re right – it sounds like it would be a great movie for a snow day 😀
Funny Farm was a classic flick! We haven’t had any snow here in Baltimore yet (and I probably just jinxed myself), but if we do, hubby and I curl up to the Godfather trilogy. No kiddos in our home so we can go R rated 😉
Nicole Keener says
I am never going to watch Happy Feet again. Ha Ha I cried like a little baby, I think it is quite a sad movie.
I love these! The Santa Clause is a favorite, but I don’t think I’ve seen the third one. Sounds fun!
My two year old can’t get enough of Frozen! I need to see Jack Frost again, it’s been a while. I do remember enjoying it.
Susie @ Suzlyfe says
Can we add Cool Runnings to this? A bit of the tropics, a bit of the snow…
That was actually one on the list…but I wanted a nice even number! 🙂 I love that movie!
Leah Courtney says
These are great! I actually watched Frozen for the first time the other day. My kids had all seen it, but I hadn’t. I really liked it, and I would definitely watch it again. 🙂