This post was sponsored by Amazon as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
We recently got an Amazon Echo and have been loving getting to know Alexa and all she can do. Well there is even more fun to be had with Alexa. Alexa Skill Blueprints is keeping my family connected and we are having a blast too.
Alexa Skill Blueprints is Keeping My Family Connected
I love finding ways to use technology to improve our family time. Amazon Echo really comes though with the new Alexa Skill Blueprints.
Alexa Skill Blueprints lets us personalize our Alexa experience and be imaginative!!
What is Alexa Skill Blueprints?
This may be the first you have heard of Alexa Skill Blueprints. Let me give you a little background information.
Many customers already use Alexa skills in their daily life. There are literally thousands of Alexa skills that already exist. These skills are found and managed in the Alexa app.
Now you can access Alexa Skills Blueprint and actually create your own personal skills. For the blueprints you go to the portal blueprints.amazon.com. This is where the Blueprints are made, which is separate from where you manage all your skills.
There are over 20 templates in six categories so the options are endless! Did I mention that there is no limit on how many Alexa Skills Blueprints you can create?? 😆
What Kind of Blueprints Can I Create?
There are lots of different blueprints to create. Here are some of our favorites!
- Personalized Stories: Alexa Skill Blueprints offers several different story options. You can insert your child's name into the story and Alexa will read the story with fun sound effects too! My daughter LOVES hearing stories with HER name as the main character!
- Personalized Trivia: I created a little quiz for my family to see how well they know me! I named it Mom Trivia. We also made up a Family Trivia that has questions about our family history. It is fun to see how much we really know and remember!
- Babysitter Information: I used to type up a big list for the babysitter each time. Now I don't have to do that because all the info is in my personal Alexa Skill Blueprint! All the babysitter has to do is ask Alexa!
- Flashcards: You can study any topic by creating your own personal flashcards and letting Alexa quiz you!
- Facts: There is also a fun option of doing facts with Alexa. You create a list of facts on a certain topic and when asked Alexa will share 2 of the facts with you. I am doing a fact list about a destination for our upcoming vacation so the kids can learn more about that area before we go.
If you are unsure how to get started creating your own blueprints just ask! Ask Alexa to try a blueprint and she will give you an example blueprint.
Makes Family Functions Even Better
One thing I am going to be using my Alexa Skill Blueprints for is to make holidays with extended family even more fun. I am going to be making some special trivia games that I know my extended family will really enjoy playing.
I think surprising my guests with a personalized family trivia game will be a HOOT!
Watch Us In Action
I thought you might enjoy seeing my family enjoying our Amazon Echo and using our newly created Alexa Skill Blueprints.
What Alexa Skill Blueprints Will You Create?
Now that you know about Alexa Skill Blueprints…what will you create? Let me know what your favorite Amazon Echo features are at your house.