EASY WAYS TO ENCOURAGE KIDS TO LOVE GARDENING
Some kids seem to be born loving getting their hands dirty and other children need a little nudge to appreciate all gardens have to offer.
Gardens are a great learning experience for kids whether it is a vegetable garden or flower garden. Watching plants grow is exciting for people of all ages.
There are some easy ways to get kids more excited about helping in the garden after they have finished their gardening coloring page!
- Sign your kids up for a Tikes Garden Subscription Box. This box is phenomenal and comes every month full of fun gardening projects designed just for kids. Kids will begin looking forward to gardening with these projects.
- Put the kids in charge of some simple gardening tasks. Here are 5 gardening projects that kids can handle and will help them learn some responsibility.
- Let kids help pick what vegetables you will plant. If they are helping plant foods they like to eat they will be a little more apt to want to help with the weeding, LOL.
- Get some cute child-themed garden tools for the kids to use. My girls love their colorful garden tools.
- Make gardening a family event. Children love to spend time with their parents and this can be quality time together.
FUN GARDENING BOOKS AND ACTIVITIES FOR KIDS
If you read books about gardening and watch movies that involve gardens it might spark some more interest in gardening for your kids. Gardening crafts and projects are another good way to make the garden more appealing.
Here are some cute ideas:
- Make some adorable garden stakes for your garden. The kids can help create these stakes and put them in the garden themselves.
- Ready, Set, Grow!: A Kid's Guide to Gardening by Rebecca Spohn is a great book for kids to learn all about the process of gardening. I love that it is spiral bound.
- Gardening Projects for Kids by Jenny Hendy has over 60 practical projects inside with tons of color pictures to make it easy.
- Some cute movies that involve gardens are Gnomeo & Juliet and Peter Rabbit.
- If you really want to have some fun try planting a storybook garden. Kids will love this!
- Plant a pizza garden. The kit makes it so simple and most kids adore pizza.
FREE PRINTABLE GARDENING COLORING PAGE
I have a free printable gardening coloring page that you can download and print for your own personal use.
Click this link or the image below. The download will open in a new tab and you can immediately download and save it or print it off right then. You do NOT need a google drive or google account to access this color sheet.
If you loved this free coloring sheet be sure to check these other color pages out:
Be sure to PIN this and SHARE it with friends on social media!