ALL ABOUT BUTTERFLIES
Children and adults alike are fascinated by butterflies. We visit butterfly gardens and plant specific bushes and flowers to try and attract these beautiful insects.
Take some time while the children are coloring these butterfly coloring pages to tell them some interesting facts about butterflies.
- Butterflies are insects with six legs.
- They have two antennae.
- Moths and butterflies come from the same family but differ in some ways.
- Butterflies are more active during the day.
- Butterflies start life as as caterpillars in what is called the larval stage.
- Adult butterflies feed on only liquids. They drink with their tongues.
- Butterflies are not able to fly if they get too cold.
- Many butterflies migrate during the colder winter months.
It might be fun to spend a whole day or afternoon on the theme of butterflies. There are tons of fun crafts, activities and toys that are butterfly-specific.
Here are some fun ideas to get your butterfly theme off and running.
- Younger children will enjoy an educational butterfly wooden puzzle.
- Melissa and Doug Butterfly Magnets Craft Sets will keep kids busy painting lovely magnets for the refrigerator.
- Read the book, My, Oh My, A Butterfly as part of your afternoon of fun.
- Make some tissue paper butterflies to hang around the house.
- Small pieces of paper will make adorable stained glass butterflies and kids will love them.
- Little girls will love making monarch butterfly peg dolls.
- Snack time will be extra fun if you make some banana graham butterfly snacks.
FREE PRINTABLE BUTTERFLY COLORING PAGES
I have two different butterfly coloring sheets that you can download and print off for your own personal use.
Click on this link or the image below to download and print these off: Butterfly Coloring Printables
If you enjoyed these free butterfly coloring pages then you should check out these other great free color sheets:
Be sure to PIN this for later and SHARE on social media!
- Cupid Cocoa(Pink Hot Chocolate) - November 29, 2022
- Weight Watchers Diabetes Zero Point Foods List Printable - November 14, 2022
- Weight Watchers Zero Point Foods List Free Printable - November 14, 2022