This list contains the best cookout recipes for Weight Watchers and will get you ready for summer grilling! It is the season to cook out and have outdoor parties! So many fun reasons to invite friends and family over for a BBQ and make some yummy Weight Watchers recipes. Any party situation can make staying on track hard, but these delicious grilling recipes will help.
Table of Contents
IS GRILLING HEALTHY?
You may wonder if grilling out is a good option for people trying to lose weight. I think it can be a very good option if done correctly.
There are definitely some steps you can take to make grilling healthier.
The key to healthy grilling is to use lean proteins and add lots of veggies to the grill. Minimize the use of oil to reduce the calories.
Just like with any type of cooking, grilling can be a great way to make delicious and healthy meals on WW.
TIPS FOR STAYING ON TRACK AT A COOKOUT
If you are hosting a cookout or have been invited to a cookout you need to remember that it will be very easy to go over on your points if you aren't careful.
The best idea is to go into the barbeque with a plan of action!
Here are some easy tips to stay on track with WW at a cookout:
- If you are hosting the cookout be sure to use some of these cookout recipes for Weight Watchers so you know exactly how many points each serving will be. If you aren't hosting you can bring along one of these recipes.
- Avoid the bun if you are eating a hamburger or hotdog. The bun will add a lot of points and the meal can taste great without it. Wrap the meat in lettuce instead.
- Be careful with condiments like ketchup and mayo. Opt for mustard instead! It is usually zero points.
- Instead of eating a s'more for dessert try some grilled pineapple or other grilled fruit.
- Don't go to the party starving. Eat a small snack or some fruits or veggies before you go so you won't be ravenous.
BEST COOKOUT RECIPES FOR WEIGHT WATCHERS
Some recipes are perfect for picnics, cookouts, and summer! I have found some amazing cookout recipes for Weight Watchers to help your gathering be a success.
This massive list includes side dishes, grilling recipes, and summer dessert ideas. Everything you need for an outdoor party!
MORE WEIGHT WATCHERS INSPIRATION
If you are following the myWW plan be sure to check out all these posts full of ideas and inspiration.
What will you be serving at your summer cookout? These really are the best cookout recipes for Weight Watchers members!! I love having no guilt because of pre-planning and having healthier options available.
Be sure to PIN this so you can come back again and again!