If you are looking for a nutritious and easy appetizer then you will love these Weight Watchers Chicken Salad Bites. This falls into the category of Weight Watchers recipes that you will want to make again and again. Plus they look adorable on a platter for a party!
IS CHICKEN SALAD ACTUALLY POINTS FRIENDLY?
Chicken salad can get a bad rap for being unhealthy and full of fat. There are many chicken salad recipes out there that fall into the high points range.
Luckily there are some easy ways to adapt your chicken salad to make it healthier and more Weight Watchers friendly.
One of the biggest calorie hogs for chicken salad is the mayonnaise content. There are some ways to avoid drenching your recipe in mayo! If you are looking for more ways to lighten up your recipes check out these tips.
This recipe for Weight Watchers Chicken Salad Bites is only 1 myWW Point per bite.
To find your WW PersonalPoints you can click here.
INGREDIENTS FOR WW CHICKEN SALAD BITES
This is a great recipe with only 5 ingredients! I love low ingredient recipes!
- Canned Chicken Breast
- Reduced Fat or Fat-Free Mayonnaise
- Mrs. Dash Table Blend
- Mini Phyllo Shells
HOW TO MAKE WEIGHT WATCHERS CHICKEN SALAD BITES
A simple recipe that goes great on a tray for parties or even works for lunch.
STEP ONE: MAKE SALAD
Start off by draining the canned chicken breast. Put the chicken into a mixing bowl and use forks to shred it into small pieces.
Chop up the pepperoncini into very small pieces and add to the bowl of chicken.
Last add the mayo and the Mrs. Dash seasoning to the bowl and mix everything together very well.
STEP TWO: FILL SHELLS
Now you will take your mini phyllo shells and spoon some chicken salad into each shell. Usually, 1 tablespoon is about all that the mini shells can hold.
Here are a few tips to make this process easier for you!
- If you don't like using canned chicken breast you can use chicken breasts you have cooked and diced up.
- To make this recipe for a crowd just double or triple it. The recipe is based on using one package of phyllo shells which is 15 mini shells. Just think about how many mini shells you want to serve up and adjust the recipe accordingly.
- You can make the chicken salad up the night before or earlier in the day and keep it in the refrigerator until you are ready to fill the shells. Don't fill the shells too early because they can get soggy on the bottom if they sit for too long!
WEIGHT WATCHERS CHICKEN SALAD BITES RECIPE
I know you are ready to get these Weight Watchers Chicken Salad Bites on the table and into your mouth, LOL. You can print off the complete ingredients and instructions via the recipe card below.
These Weight Watchers Chicken Salad Bites are only 5 ingredients and are perfect for party appetizers or lunch.
Drain the canned chicken breast and put into a mixing bowl
Chop up the pepperoncini into very small pieces.
Add pepperoncini, mayo and Mrs. Dash to the chicken and mix well.
Spoon chicken salad into phyllo shells and serve immediately.
Each Chicken Salad Bite is 1 myWW Point if you use reduced-fat or fat-free mayo. If you use full-fat mayo the points will be higher.
To find your WW PersonalPoints please click here.
If you loved this easy WW appetizer recipe be sure to check these out:
- Weight Watchers Energy Balls
- Crab Cakes and Dipping Sauce for Weight Watchers
- Weight Watchers Shrimp Summer Rolls
- Weight Watchers Buffalo Chicken Taquitos
Be sure to PIN this recipe so you can come back and make it again and again!