Lemon Pepper Shrimp in the air fryer will have you amazed that you can put dinner on the table that fast. Flavorful and so delicious…a healthy dinner is just minutes away. This is also a perfect Weight Watchers recipe to put on your meal plan rotation.
Table of Contents
WHY COOK SHRIMP IN THE AIR FRYER?
There are lots of ways to cook shrimp. They can be grilled, sauteed, baked, boiled…you name it…it would probably work.
The reason I love to air fry shrimp is that they get a perfect crispy crunch WITHOUT any breading!
I love saving the calories by not breading my shrimp. When I bake seasoned shrimp they seem kind of limp and just aren't as tasty.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO COOK SHRIMP IN THE AIR FRYER?
Cooking shrimp in the air fryer is quick. Cooking times will vary based on several factors. Things to keep in mind are:
- Size of the shrimp
- Are the shrimp frozen or thawed
- Are the shrimp “precooked” or raw
Most thawed shrimp can be air-fried in 5-10 minutes. Small shrimp will cook even faster. You will need to add a few more minutes for frozen shrimp.
HOW DO I KNOW THE SHRIMP ARE DONE COOKING?
Shrimp are easy to cook and never take long. There are some simple ways to tell if your shrimp is done cooking.
- Look at the thickest part of the shrimp…right in the crevice. Once it has turned opaque with some pretty pink or red accents then the shrimp are done.
- Never eat shrimp that are gray or still translucent. It is possible to get a Cholera bacterial infection from eating raw or undercooked shrimp.
- As shrimp cook they also curve into a C shape. If they become O shaped they are overcooked and may be tough.
AIR FRYER LEMON PEPPER SHRIMP FOR WEIGHT WATCHERS
If you are on the WW plan, you will love this recipe. It is low-calorie and so fast for those busy weeknight dinners.
This recipe is for 12 ounces of shrimp. Just divide the shrimp into 2 servings after you cook them.
If you still follow the old color plans here are the points: 1 point for blue and purple and 3 points for green.
The current WeightWatchers Program points are 1 point per serving.
INGREDIENTS FOR LEMON PEPPER SHRIMP
I love simple recipes with simple ingredients. This one fits the bill perfectly. Only 6 ingredients total and 3 of those are spices!
- Medium shrimp
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Lemon pepper
- Garlic powder
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER LEMON PEPPER SHRIMP
This recipe comes together quickly. One big suggestion is you may want to double the recipe because it is SO good! Just follow these steps to get dinner on the table! Remember you can print the recipe at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: MAKE MARINADE
Combine the olive oil, lemon juice, and spices in a medium bowl and stir to combine.
STEP TWO: MARINATE SHRIMP
Place the shrimp in the bowl of marinade and stir to coat the shrimp. While the shrimp sit for a few minutes, go ahead and preheat the air fryer to 400°F.
STEP THREE: AIR FRY
Spray the air fryer basket lightly with non-aerosol olive oil.
Place the shrimp in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Cook for 6-8 minutes or until the shrimp is opaque and firm. You can shake the basket halfway through the cooking time if desired.
Remove from the air fryer basket and serve immediately. Squeeze some fresh lemon juice on the shrimp if desired.
TIPS FOR THE BEST AIR FRIED SHRIMP
Here are some simple tips to make your air fryer shrimp amazing.
- Spray the air fryer basket lightly with olive oil before adding the shrimp. This will help prevent the shrimp from sticking to the basket. Remember to never use aerosol cooking sprays! They will gunk up the basket over time.
- If you still have trouble with your shrimp sticking to the basket then use a sheet of air fryer parchment paper liners. These can be purchased in the right size and shape of your air fryer basket and are SO handy.
- Don't overcrowd the shrimp in the basket. Placing the shrimp in a single layer will allow for even cooking. You can always cook a 2nd batch if you have a smaller air fryer.
Lemon pepper shrimp go well with many side dishes. Here are some ideas if you are struggling to pull together a full meal.
- Make a big salad and add the shrimp to the top as your protein.
- Grab some tortillas, slaw mix, and make shrimp tacos.
- Roast some vegetables for a healthy side dish.
Remember, almost anything will taste fantastic alongside this easy shrimp recipe.
MORE HEALTHY AIR FRYER RECIPES
If you love cooking healthy recipes using your air fryer…be sure to check out my cookbook, Air Fryer Cookbook for Weight Loss.
It is stuffed with 100 recipes you can make at home. All the recipes are very focused on health and are calorie-friendly.
I also wrote the Ultimate Air Fryer Cookbook which has 150 recipes! Everything from brunch to dessert!
PRINTABLE RECIPE CARD
You can print off the complete ingredients and instructions for this air fryer lemon pepper shrimp via the recipe card below.
If you make this recipe and love it…it would mean a LOT to me if you left a 5-star rating!
Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Shrimp are healthy and delicious. This is also a great main dish Weight Watchers recipe with low points per serving.
Preheat an air fryer to 400 degrees F
Combine olive oil, lemon juice, lemon pepper, paprika, and garlic powder in a medium bowl.
Add shrimp and toss until well coated.
Lightly spray air fryer basket with non-aerosol olive oil. Place shrimp in the air fryer basket in a single layer.
Air fry until the shrimp are opaque with pink accents and firm, 6 to 8 minutes. Shake the basket halfway through cooking, if desired.
For extra flavor you can pour any extra marinade over the shrimp in the air fryer before cooking. This is optional.
Serve with lemon slices, if desired.
Divide the cooked shrimp into 2 servings and each serving is 1 Point for Blue and Purple plans and is 3 points for the Green plan.
On the current WeightWatchers Program (2023) it is 1 point per serving.
For more air fryer inspiration, check out these recipes:
Be sure to PIN this post for later and SHARE it on Facebook!