It may be cold outside, but my tummy is warm with this Weight Watchers Chicken Enchilada Soup. Only 1 Freestyle SmartPoint per serving…yes…I said only 1 Freestyle SmartPoint per serving!! The great news is that the serving size is one whole cup. This is a super easy Weight Watchers recipe to make this dinner for your family.
Ingredients Needed for Chicken Enchilada Soup
2 cups Chicken Broth
2 cans Black Beans drained and rinsed
1 pound diced skinless, boneless chicken breast cooked/grilled
2 cans mild enchilada sauce 19 oz each
2 cans diced tomatoes and green chilies–undrained
So this soup makes about 13 cups….yes I measured it out!! The only ingredient that has points is the enchilada sauce. I used Old El Paso Mild and it came to 14 points. The soup ends up being only 1 Freestyle SmartPoint per cup. That makes for a very low point, filling meal.
How to Make Chicken Enchilada Soup
I made this soup on the stove top, but it could easily be made in the slow cooker! Shortcuts in the kitchen are my favorite way to go whenever I can and this recipe is full of great shortcuts to save you time!
I bought the refrigerated bags of ready to eat cooked chicken breast. It is tasty and saved me a lot of time cooking chicken and cutting it up. You can definitely do that….just measure it out.
First off drain and rinse the black beans.
Add all the ingredients to a big pot.
Cook on medium-high heat until heated through. I cooked mine for about 30 minutes.
You can add toppings like shredded cheese, tortilla chips, sour cream….just remember to count those points!
I like to use the Tortilla Strips that you find in the salad topping area at the store. They add some crunch to the soup but not a lot of points!
What is Your Favorite Low Point Meal?
I love finding a low SmartPoints meal that is tasty and filling. This Weight Watchers Chicken Enchilada Soup fills me up and really tastes great. It is flavorful and packed with nutrients from the beans, chicken and tomatoes! I can’t beat 1 point per cupful either!!
I have 40 1-Point Snack Ideas you can print off and hang on your fridge. Motivational Cards for Busy Moms to keep you positive each day. Plus a great recipe for Cheesy Beef and Veggie Soup that is only 6 SmartPoints per serving!! You can check out all of my Weight Watchers Recipes, Ideas and Motivation right HERE to help keep you going!
- 2 cups Chicken Broth (2 points)
- 2 cans Black Beans drained and rinsed (21 points)
- 1 pound diced skinless, boneless chicken breast cooked/grilled (10 points)
- 2 cans mild enchilada sauce 19 oz each (18 points)
- 2 cans diced tomatoes and green chilies--undrained (0 points)
- First off drain and rinse the black beans.
- Add all the ingredients to a big pot.
- Cook on medium-high heat until heated through. I cooked mine for about 30 minutes.
- I used the bags of refrigerated chicken that is already cooked and sliced up thin for my soup. You can also cook your chicken and slice it up yourself.
- 1 Freestyle SmartPoint per cup.
Latest posts by Jamie (see all)
- The Best Guilt Free Weight Watchers Appetizers for Game Day - January 19, 2018
- Weight Watchers Spicy BLT Cherry Tomatoes - January 16, 2018
- Strawberry Banana Breakfast Parfait - January 10, 2018