It may be cold outside, but my tummy is warm with this Weight Watcher friendly Chicken Enchilada Soup. Only 4 SmartPoints per serving…yes…I said only 4 SmartPoints per serving!! The great news is that the serving size is one whole cup. It is also super easy to make this dinner for your family.
Ingredients Needed for Chicken Enchilada Soup
2 cups Chicken Broth (2 points)
2 cans Black Beans drained and rinsed (21 points)
1 pound diced skinless, boneless chicken breast cooked/grilled (10 points)
2 cans mild enchilada sauce 19 oz each (18 points)
2 cans diced tomatoes and green chilies–undrained (0 points)
So this soup makes about 13 cups….yes I measured it out!! When I divide 51 points by 13 cups I get 3.9 points per cup! I like to round up to be on the safe side…so 4 points per cup. That makes for a very low point, filling meal.
How to Make Chicken Enchilada Soup
I made this soup on the stove top, but it could easily be made in the slow cooker! Shortcuts in the kitchen are my favorite way to go whenever I can and this recipe is full of great shortcuts to save you time!
I bought the refrigerated bags of ready to eat cooked chicken breast. It is tasty and saved me a lot of time cooking chicken and cutting it up. You can definitely do that….just measure it out.
First off drain and rinse the black beans.
Add all the ingredients to a big pot.
Cook on medium-high heat until heated through. I cooked mine for about 30 minutes.
You can add toppings like shredded cheese, tortilla chips, sour cream….just remember to count those points!
I like to use the Tortilla Strips that you find in the salad topping area at the store. They add some crunch to the soup but not a lot of points!
What is Your Favorite Low Point Meal?
I love finding a low SmartPoints meal that is tasty and filling. This Chicken Enchilada Soup fills me up and really tastes great. It is flavorful and packed with nutrients from the beans, chicken and tomatoes! I can’t beat 4 points per cupful either!!
I have 40 1-Point Snack Ideas you can print off and hang on your fridge. Motivational Cards for Busy Moms to keep you positive each day. Plus a great recipe for Cheesy Beef and Veggie Soup that is only 6 SmartPoints per serving!! You can check out all of my Weight Watchers Recipes, Ideas and Motivation right HERE to help keep you going!
- 2 cups Chicken Broth (2 points)
- 2 cans Black Beans drained and rinsed (21 points)
- 1 pound diced skinless, boneless chicken breast cooked/grilled (10 points)
- 2 cans mild enchilada sauce 19 oz each (18 points)
- 2 cans diced tomatoes and green chilies--undrained (0 points)
- First off drain and rinse the black beans.
- Add all the ingredients to a big pot.
- Cook on medium-high heat until heated through. I cooked mine for about 30 minutes.
- I used the bags of refrigerated chicken that is already cooked and sliced up thin for my soup. You can also cook your chicken and slice it up yourself.
Latest posts by Jamie (see all)
- Easy American Girl Hairstyles Even Little Girls Can Do - October 20, 2017
- Weight Watchers Turkey Stuffing - October 18, 2017
- 7 Ways to Prepare Your Teen For Winter Weather Driving - October 16, 2017