This post was sponsored by Budget Saver Twin Pops as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Do you have some favorite mommy daughter activities you do together at home? One of my favorite summer time activities to do with my girls is mommy daughter pedicures at home. With three girls in the house (plus me, LOL) it would get really expensive to take us all out to the salon for a pedi. Plus we have more fun at home where we can be silly and eat a popsicle while our toe nail polish dries!
How to Do Mommy Daughter Pedicures at Home
- First off we have to start with clean, polish free toes. I can assure you that I will almost always have chipped toe nail polish to scrub off and my girls usually do too. It is extra hard work when I have used glitter polish!! Such a pain to get off, but looks so pretty.
- Next we are going to soak, soak, soak our feet. We have a foot bath that we use to make it extra special. It isn't necessary to buy a foot bath though. It works just as well to just fill a big bowl, bucket or pot with warm water and stick your feet in. I like to soak my feet for about 5 minutes. This isn't a long time for me, but it does seem like forever to my four-year-old. 🙂 This is the first time I will pull out a Budget Saver Twin Pops. We split one while we soak and it keeps her happy and distracted from the wait!
- Now it is time to file our feet smooth. This isn't an issue for my girls because their sweet feet are still smooth. Unfortunately, I have to spend some time on my poor old feet. I rinse my feet off when I am done filing.
- Trimming and shaping our toe nails is next during this mommy daughter pedicure at home. I typically do the trimming for my younger girls. We use a nail file to smooth the edges of our toe nails and make them look pretty.
- This is the point in the pedicure where it can get a little dicey with my kids. They are ready for the paint now. 🙂 If they will let me I will put some cuticle softener on our cuticles. If I get lucky I will be able to use the cuticle pusher to make this pedicure truly authentic.
- Polish time!! We try to pick out our colors before we start the process. I would love to tell you that we always do a base coat, 2 color coats and a top coat……but that rarely happens. It is my goal to do it right, but there is a lot of squirming going on by now. 🙂 This is the point where we pull out some more Budget Saver Twin Pops to keep little hands occupied and feet still while I paint toes and we let them dry really good.
Savor These MOMents
A MOMent is a mom-moment. It is a potentially stressful situation that you can resolve with a little sweetness from Budget Saver Twin Pops! I know that mommy daughter pedicures at home doesn't sound like a stressful situation, BUT I have never failed to get stressed trying to keep my littles still while the nail polish dries!!
Budget Saver Twin Pops save the day and help us get our toe nail polish dry before it gets ruined. Budget Saver Twin Pops were actually invented to save the day back during the great depression. It was only a nickel for a twin pop and two children could share it! This brought some much-needed sweetness into the lives of many families.
Spending this moments with my girls is priceless. We can laugh and giggle together while our tongues turn colors from the ice-cold Budget Saver Twin Pops!!
I am sure you have a MOMent to share too. Guess what? You could WIN by sharing your MOMent on Instagram or Twitter with the hashtag #twinpopscontest. (NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to U.S. residents, 18+. Enter by 8/13/17, For Official Rules, visit http://bit.ly/2pDfETF) Be sure to check out the Budget Saver Twin Pops Facebook Page for more MOMent inspiration. Do you do mommy daughter pedicures at home? I would love to hear your tricks!
- The Weight Watchers Chex Mix Recipe You Need to Try - April 28, 2023
- Free Printable Mothers Day Cards to Color for Kids - April 27, 2023
- Pineapple Pico de Gallo Salsa Recipe - April 24, 2023
[…] every day for a few days and you will start to notice a difference on dry skin. (Learn how to do Mommy Daughter Pedicures at home. […]