You know that I love to add SPICE to my recipes. I have been reading all about the whole 2 ingredient bagel craze all over Facebook and knew I had to try them. I wanted to create a spicy version of a newly loved Weight Watchers recipe for my readers!! These Weight Watchers 2 Ingredient Bagels with Jalapenos are a WINNER WINNER chicken dinner for me. I LOVE them!!
Weight Watchers 2 Ingredient Bagels with Jalapenos
I know a lot of websites have the recipe for 2 ingredient bagels…but I found it over at Slap Dash Mom and used her version. She has some great WW recipes too!
If you love jalapenos like I do then this is the recipe for you.
Ingredients Needed for Weight Watchers 2 Ingredient Bagels with Jalapenos
Technically this recipe calls for 3 ingredients, LOL. The basic bagel recipe is 2 ingredients and then we add the heat!! I didn’t want to confuse anyone by calling these 3 ingredient bagels…but felt like I should mention that I do realize there are 3 ingredients if you want spicy bagels!! 😆
1 cup self rising flour
1 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
2-4 Tbsp diced jalapenos (depending on how much heat you prefer)
How to Make Weight Watchers 2 Ingredient Bagels
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
I stirred the self-rising flour and the nonfat Greek yogurt in a bowl to mix it together.
Next it is time to flour the cutting board. I put the mixture onto the cutting board and kneaded it. Let me emphasize something here….I read that this dough was sticky…that is an UNDERSTATEMENT. 🙂 It is VERY sticky and putting flour on your surface is non-negotiable!! No worries though…it is worth it.
Once I had the dough mixed well I put it back in the bowl and added my jalapenos. I just used a jar of already diced jalapenos. Three tablespoons of jalapenos was perfect for me. I added the peppers to my dough and stirred it to disperse the peppers into the dough.
I added more flour to my cutting board and put the dough on it. There are different ways to do this….but I will share how I did it. I just tore the dough into 6 piles that looked about the same size. Then using my hands I rolled each pile into a log. You can see what they looked like in my picture.
I sprayed a baking stone with nonstick cooking spray and then just made a circle with my dough logs.
I put some fat-free shredded cheddar cheese on some of the bagels and brushed some egg wash on the others.
Mine baked for about 25 minutes. Some people go for 20 minutes and some closer to 30 minutes. You know your oven.
How Do They Taste
I am not a big fan of yogurt in general and Greek yogurt specifically. I don’t feel like these taste like yogurt although they have a tiny bit of tang to them. The spicy flavor from the jalapenos was wonderful and will make a great “sandwich”. These are going to be made a lot in the future and I may do 2 batches at once to save myself time.
If you make 6 bagels with the dough they come out to be 2 Freestyle SmartPoints each. If you want a larger bagel and make 4 then they are 3 Freestyle SmartPoints each.
Must Have’s For Bagel Making
A lot of people use a doughnut pan to make their bagels. I didn’t have one, but am planning to get one.
I am really glad I did this process on a cutting board and not my counter. The sticky dough would have been a chore to clean off the counter. It was much easier to clean my cutting board in the sink.
Let me know how they turn out for you!! Be sure to check out some other awesome WW recipes HERE.
- 1 cup self rising flour
- 1 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2-4 Tbsp diced jalapenos
- Egg wash (optional)
- Fat-free shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a bowl stir the flour and yogurt together.
- Flour a cutting board.
- Put the dough mixture onto the cutting board and knead it.
- After it is kneaded put the dough back into the bowl and add the jalapenos and mix them in.
- Add more flour to the cutting board if necessary.
- Put the dough onto the cutting board and separate into 6 balls.
- Roll each ball into a log.
- Make a circle with each dough log and place on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake for 20 to 28 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- You can brush some egg wash on the tops if desired.
- You can sprinkle some fat-free shredded cheddar cheese on top if desired.
- This dough is very sticky!
- If you make 6 bagels these are 2 Freestyle SmartPoints each. If you make 4 bagels they are 3 Freestyle SmartPoints each.
Latest posts by Jamie (see all)
- A Day at Las Caletas Beach Hideaway in Puerto Vallarta - April 18, 2018
- Weight Watchers Pigs in Blankets - April 17, 2018
- Galaxy Cupcakes and a Free Printable Solar System Matching Game - April 16, 2018