Broccoli Cheese Tots are a healthier version of tater tots and also a fun way to get more veggies onto your table. This is a great Weight Watchers recipe too! If you start giving your kids these veggie-packed broccoli cheese tots when they are young they won't miss the regular ones at all!
Table of Contents
Broccoli Cheese Tots
I am a dipper…not a skinny dipper, LOL. It is food that I like to dip…into ketchup, sauces, dressings, etc. I have to be really careful because I can consume more calories by dipping foods than the foods themselves have!!
These Broccoli Cheese Tots have a lot of flavors and you can get by without dipping them unless you are hooked on ketchup like me, LOL.
How to Make Broccoli Cheese Tots
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Take the bag of frozen broccoli and put it into a strainer. Rinse it off and get rid of the excess liquid.
- Add all of the ingredients (except the non-stick cooking spray) to your food processor and pulse it until it resembles coarse sand.
- Use a tablespoon measuring spoon to scoop out the broccoli mix. Shape each tablespoonful into an oval “tater tot” shape.
- Place these on a baking pan that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. There should be 24 broccoli cheese tots.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Turn tots over and bake for ten more minutes.
- Serve warm with your choice of dips! Make some sugar-free ketchup for a guilt-free dip.
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS
These Broccoli Cheese Tots are a great side dish or snack for Weight Watchers WW. This makes 24 tots, and each serving is three tots.
There are 2 Points for three tots on all three myWW plans! Not too bad!! I wouldn't feel very deprived eating a few of these tots with a turkey burger, would you?
On the current WeightWatchers Program (2023) it is 2 pointS per serving.
This would also be something to take to a cookout or party.
What Recipes Do You Sneak Broccoli Into?
One of our family favorites is Broccoli Cheese Soup…but I don't think I am really sneaking anything since broccoli is in the name! I have definitely added broccoli to soups before especially when I have some leftover in the fridge.
Homemade baked Broccoli Cheese Tots are great as a side dish or even as an appetizer. Packed full of veggies and flavor!
Thaw the frozen broccoli and drain it over a mesh strainer to gt rid of the excess liquid.
In a food processor, combine the broccoli, garlic, Parmesan and cheddar cheeses, seasoned breadcrumbs, the egg and salt and pepper.
Pulse it to resemble a coarse sand.
Taking a tablespoon measure, scoop out the broccoli mix and shape it into a oval ‘tater tots' shape. It should yield 24 tater tots.
Bake for 20 minutes at a 400 F oven, turning the tots after 10 minutes.
If you are following Weight Watchers this recipe is 2 Points for 3 tots on all 3 myWW plans.
On the current WeightWatchers Program (2023) it is 2 points per serving. The serving size is 3 tots.
- Unique Fun Christmas Gifts for Tween Girls in 2023 - October 31, 2023
- Weight Watchers Skinny Slow Cooker Pineapple Chicken - September 22, 2023
- Fun and Easy Ghost Halloween Popcorn Balls Recipe - September 20, 2023