This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CerealShakeup #CerealAnytime #CollectiveBias
Brownies are a sweet threat that almost everyone likes. I know they never last long at our house…and yes I am partially to blame for that!! 🙂 Trying new brownie variations is a fun way to surprise my family. I came up with a fun way to jazz up brownies using some goodies in my pantry. Cookies and cream brownies are rich and delicious and super easy to make. Plus they are the perfect way to spread some kindness around this spring.
Ingredients Needed for Cookies and Cream Brownies
Brownie Mix for 13×9 pan plus ingredients needed to make the box of brownies, as indicated
1 cup of Malt-O-Meal Cookies and Cream Cereal
1 cup of white chocolate chips
1/2 cup of mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
How to Make Cookies and Cream Brownies
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
First you will mix up the brownie mix according to the package instructions.
Once the brownie mixture is ready, stir in one cup of white chocolate chips.
Pour the brownie mixture into a 13×9 pan that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
Put the cup of Malt-O-Meal Cookies and Cream cereal into a baggie and crush with a rolling-pin.
Sprinkle the crumbled cookies and cream cereal over the top of the brownie mixture.
Now sprinkle the mini semi-sweet chocolate chips over the top of the cereal.
5 Easy Random Acts of Kindness for Spring
Showing kindness to others doesn’t have to be complicated. It is such a great way to teach children about love and respect too. Here are some easy ideas of ways you can spread a little joy around.
- Take treats to your neighbors. This is a really simple way to brighten someone’s day. The Cookies and Cream brownies are a perfect dessert for sharing too.
- Rake leaves for an elderly neighbor. Fall may seem like the time for raking, but I know that there are always pesky leaves left around in the spring time too. Helping an elderly neighbor get rid of the old dry leaves in their flower beds will be a huge help for them.
- Deliver flower pots to door steps. Get some cute flower pots and plant some pretty annuals in them. Then you can leave one anonymously on door steps around your town or neighborhood.
- Leave a bag of dog treats on the porch of a neighbor with a dog. This will be a surprise that will make the pet happy and delight their owner.
- Send a pretty bouquet of flowers to your local school secretary. The secretary works so hard and rarely receives the appreciation deserved! Flowers would really brighten their day!!
Use What You Have
It isn’t hard to bless others even if you don’t have a lot extra yourself. Look around your house and see what you have available. Get creative with what you have at home.
When I was in the mood for a fun new brownie idea I just looked in my pantry. I saw my bags of Malt-O-Meal cereal and realized the Cookies and Cream variety would be a great addition to my recipe.
Malt-O-Meal has 33+ varieties so there is something for everyone to love. One of our absolute favorites is the French Toasters—wow—you can really taste the syrup in this cereal! So, so good!! I also love a company who stands behind their products with a taste guarantee. Check out the packages for the Love it or it is Free Guarantee. I always stock up when I am at Walmart getting groceries and the big bags mean I don’t have to shop for cereal as often.
What is Your Favorite Random Act of Kindness?
I enjoy hearing how other people spread kindness around. What is your favorite random act of kindness? Do you like to share sweet treats with your friends and neighbors? Have you ever tried making Cookies and Cream Brownies? What is your favorite Malt-O-Meal cereal variety? Check out these fun recipes made with cereal!
- Brownie Mix for 13x9 pan plus ingredients needed to make the box of brownies
- 1 cup of Malt-O-Meal Cookies and Cream Cereal
- 1 cup of white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- First you will mix up the brownie mix according to the package instructions.
- Once the brownie mixture is ready, stir in one cup of white chocolate chips.
- Pour the brownie mixture into a 13x9 pan that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Put the cup of Malt-O-Meal Cookies and Cream cereal into a baggie and crush with a rolling pin.
- Sprinkle the crumbled cookies and cream cereal over the top of the brownie mixture.
- Now sprinkle the mini semi-sweet chocolate chips over the top of the cereal.
- Bake in the oven for 28-35 minutes or until done.