The ocean is calling and I must go get some free printable ocean coloring pages! It may not be the same as being there, but these free printable coloring pages are still a fun way to dream about the sea!
OCEAN SAFETY TIPS FOR KIDS
One of the best parts of coloring is that kids are kind of a captive audience. This gives parents a great opportunity to talk to kids about important topics.
The ocean is such an amazing place to go, but there are some serious safety concerns for kids. When we have a trip to the beach planned I always go over safety with my kids beforehand and during the trip!
Here are some safety tips you can talk about while your kids color these ocean coloring pages.
- Always watch for beach warning signs and flags before entering the water
- Teach kids that red flags mean strong surf and the beach may even be closed (red means no swimming for me!)
- Yellow flags mean moderate surf and that the water may be dangerous and rough
- Green flags mean the ocean is calm
- Some beaches may post blue or purple flags that mean there may be dangerous marine life in the area like shark or jellyfish
- Wear a life jacket when swimming in the ocean
- Never swim in the ocean alone
- Watch for rip currents and teach kids all about rip currents. You can learn a lot HERE.
- Sunscreen, sunscreen and more sunscreen! Burns are more likely near the ocean!
- Wear water shoes because the sand gets very hot and you can't see what is under the sand or water!
FREE PRINTABLE OCEAN COLORING PAGES
I have two free printable ocean coloring pages that you can download and print off for your own personal use. Be sure to grab all your pretty ocean colored crayons!
Just click the link or the image below to download: Ocean Coloring Pages
If your kids love to color be sure to check out these other free coloring pages:
Be sure to SHARE this with your friends on social media so they can swing by and grab some free coloring pages too!
- More Weight Watchers Changes in 2023 - March 25, 2023
- Printable Easter Bunny Note to Child - March 20, 2023
- Easter Egg Filler Ideas for Adults - March 13, 2023
Hi Jamie I sorry to hear about your daughter I hope all is well and I pray for her and I hope everything will be fine we all never want anything to happen to our children
Thank you Laura!