Apple crafts are fun year round for kids and this popsicle stick apple craft is easy and adorable. I love how versatile popsicle sticks are and how easy it is for kids to make cool crafts.
Popsicle Stick Apple Craft for Kids
I am always amazed at the creative apple crafts that people dream up. Have you seen the Apple Craft made with pool noodles? So FUN! Who knew that popsicle sticks and pool noodles could be turned into apples, LOL.
Supplies Needed for Popsicle Stick Apple Craft
Instructions for Popsicle Stick Apple Craft
- Grab four large popsicle sticks and a glue stick (that is still sticky! 🙂 ) and glue the popsicle sticks together. You are gluing the thin sides together and it may seem kind of hard, but do your best and it will get easier in a minute! Now do this again if you want to make a red and a green apple.
- Cut the red and green foam paper into a circle that is about 3-4 inches tall.
- Now cut the circles in half. These will be your green and red apple halves.
- Glue the apple halves to the top and bottom of your popsicle sticks. You will leave about 3 inches of sticks showing in the center of the apple halves.
- Set these aside to dry.
- While the apples are drying go ahead and cut some small rectangle shapes out of the sparkle gold foam paper. These will be the stems for the apples.
- Take the black foam paper and cut out some small ovals that will be the apple seeds.
- The green sparkle paper will be used to cut out some small leaves. Cut out one or two leaves for each apple.
- Now glue the stems, leaves and seeds onto the apples.
- Once these parts are all dry you have an adorable popsicle stick apple craft! If you would like to be able to hang this up you can glue a piece of ribbon to the back.
More Apples Anyone?
I love the apple theme especially for younger children. It is cute to have apple slices and fruit dip handy while you are making this apple kid craft.
Let me know what you have planned this school year. We are already working on what after school snacks the kids want!