Smoked Sausage Alfredo is a dish that is going on our regular dinner recipe rotation! I made this because honestly…I had gotten a great deal on some smoked sausage and had lots of it to use up!
A really good thing about this Sausage Alfredo recipe is that it all cooks in one pot and that means less clean up! I always love when I can get it all made in one pan! The fewer dirty dishes the better in my opinion!
This recipe can be made with your favorite sausage. There are lots of different kinds available…you can do the all beef, chicken sausage, etc. It does need to be the sausage that is pre-smoked or pre-cooked. Most of the big brands come ready to heat and eat!
I used a pasta called Cellentani which is a corkscrew pasta that works well in hearty dishes! I love this pasta because…it is just fun to eat! 🙂
When my husband asked what we were having for dinner and I said Smoked Sausage Alfredo…he was like…Okay. After he ate this dish…he told me that he really liked it and he thought it was blog worthy! 🙂
I would love to know what you think of think of this Smoked Sausage Alfredo recipe!
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms or 1 small can of drained mushrooms
- 1 package smoked sausage your choice of flavors, kinds sliced into 1/2 inch rounds
- 16 oz Cellentani Pasta or other type of pasta of your choice
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1-2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons low country boil seasoning
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
In a large frying pan or pot that has a lid, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and stir to coat with butter. Stir frequently for even browning. Add the sliced sausage and stir.
Add noodles, water, cream, pepper, garlic, salt, boil seasoning. Stir to combine. Put lid on the pan and bring to a boil. After the pasta comes to a boil, stir and reduce to a simmer and keep covered. Cook the pasta an additional 8-10 minutes or until tender.
Once the pasta is tender, remove from the heat and add the cheese (except for 1/2 cup parmesan cheese) and parsley and stir well.
If you want this to be a little spicier you can add additional boil seasoning at this point.
Sprinkle with the extra Parmesan cheese before serving.
You can use any kind of sausage as long as it is the heat and eat type.
If you don't like mushrooms you can leave them out and it will still taste great. Just omit the butter and mushrooms and those steps.
- Unique Fun Christmas Gifts for Tween Girls in 2023 - October 31, 2023
- Weight Watchers Skinny Slow Cooker Pineapple Chicken - September 22, 2023
- Fun and Easy Ghost Halloween Popcorn Balls Recipe - September 20, 2023