Have I mentioned I like spicy foods….um..yes! You can tell by all the recipes that I add jalapenos too, LOL. My grandpa made these Spicy Hot Crackers a LOT and I loved them. Now my mom makes them and I have started making them for myself.
Spicy Hot Crackers
One good thing about this recipe is that it is EASY. Really…a monkey could make these Spicy Hot Crackers!! 😆 I have seen these called Firecrackers too! I don’t think my grandpa ever called them that!
Ingredients Needed for Spicy Hot Crackers
1 pound box of saltine crackers
2 Tbsp red pepper flakes
1 1/3 cups canola oil
1 package dry Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix
How to Make Spicy Hot Crackers
Put a box of saltine crackers in a gallon jar. Yes they will fit and it really does need to be a big gallon jar with a lid that screws on!
Mix oil, red pepper flakes and ranch dressing mix together. Pour over crackers in the jar.
Turn and roll jar frequently for 48 hours before eating to insure that crackers are coated thoroughly.
The hardest part with making these spicy hot crackers is WAITING 48 hours to eat them!! At least that is the hard part for me, LOL. I guess I will snack on some crock pot peanut clusters while I wait!
Fun Gallon Jars
If you make these crackers often you might want to get a “special” fun jar!! I just have the jar sitting out on my counter…so I would prefer the jar to be CUTE. 😀
Here are some that are adorable!
The gallon jar with a big chalkboard label is really cute. Chalkboard labels are just so fun.
I love the look of the Anchor Hocking 1 Gallon Brushed Aluminum Lid Barrel Jar….it has a vintage look to it!
An old standby that never gets old is the Ball Gallon Creative Container Mason Jar!
What is Your Favorite Spicy Snack?
I also have a secret obsession with Chester’s Hot Fries. My teenagers got me hooked on these and believe me….it always derails my Weight Watchers goals!! If I am really energetic I will make Bacon Wrapped Sausage Jalapeno Poppers which my family LOVES!
What is your favorite spicy snack? Have you ever tried making Spicy Hot Crackers??
- 1 pound box of saltine crackers
- 2 Tbsp red pepper flakes
- 1 1/3 cups canola oil
- 1 package dry Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix
- Put a box of saltine crackers in a gallon jar. Yes they will fit and it really does need to be a big gallon jar with a lid that screws on!
- Mix oil, red pepper flakes and ranch dressing mix together. Pour over crackers in the jar.
- Turn and roll jar frequently for 48 hours before eating to insure that crackers are coated thoroughly.
Latest posts by Jamie (see all)
- The Best Guilt Free Weight Watchers Appetizers for Game Day - January 19, 2018
- Weight Watchers Spicy BLT Cherry Tomatoes - January 16, 2018
- Strawberry Banana Breakfast Parfait - January 10, 2018