When we entered the realm of three children…I knew I had to get a lot more organized! It was at that point that I got a “family” calendar. From there….as we got even busier…I got a “Mom” planner for my purse.
It wasn't until last spring that I realized how much I really depended on that planner in my purse. Last year I forgot to buy a planner in January and just kept forgetting….basically until April! I was complaining to a friend about how disorganized I was without my purse planner and how I really needed to get one asap! The sweet friend that she is…showed up with a planner for me the next day. I was back on track!
This year I am more on top of the game. I asked for a planner for Christmas….my hubbie got it for me and I am set to go for 2015!
Here are my top 3 reasons to use a purse planner to keep my family organized:
1. I basically always have my purse with me. The planner is always handy. If I am at church and am asked to help with something…I just pull it out and see if I am available. If I am at work…same thing. If someone calls me…my planner is right there!
2. I know that many people today use calendar apps on their phones….and that is great if it works for you. I guess I worry that I will lose my phone…my phone will break…or I am trying to talk on my phone and can't look at the calendar app while I am talking! 🙂 There is something nice about being able to pull out a planner that is actual paper…and just turn the pages! It is quick to look ahead and see what is coming up.
3. The third reason I like to have an actual planner is that I keep the planner and refer back to it when I am scrapbooking. I am usually years behind on my scrapbooks and I can't remember dates and what we were up to. So I can look back and keep my scrapbooks accurate! I know people who keep their planners basically forever. It is fun to look back and see what things were happening way back when!
1. It is big enough to be useful, but small enough to fit in my purse! It is 8.2 inches x 6.4 inches. So unless you carry a really tiny purse…you should be fine. The tiny little pocket calendars are just too small for me to write down ALL the stuff we have going on!
2. This calendar actually has space for 6 family members on EVERY DAY of the year! I happen to have 6 members in my family…so it works awesome! If you don't have that many in your family or you have more…you should still be happy with it. The daily columns should hold all your activities.
3. There is a mom or family related quote for each week! I love quotes and I look forward to reading the quote for each week. It is just a small bonus for me!
4. There are lots of tear out To Do/Shopping List pages in the back. I don't have to keep any extra paper in my purse and can just jot down notes in the back of my planner.
5. There are slots in the inside back cover for business cards and a slot in the front cover for misc. papers. This helps keep things I want to hold onto from just floating around in my purse and getting lost.
6. There is an elastic band that goes around the planner…so if you are a person that keeps lots of extra “stuff” inside your planner…you can just use the band and keep it all secure inside!
7. Stickers…ok…I am a scrapbooker and I love stickers! There are 2 pages of small stickers that you can use on your pages. This will cut down on how much I have to write in the planner…I can just put a “game” sticker every Friday night during football season!
So you can see why this planner helps keep my life from crumbling into chaos. Plus..it is cute! 🙂
There are several other mom planners that I like. My top five “mom” planners besides the Do It All Mom Planner are: Mom's Plan It Engagement Planner, Mom's Weekly Planner, Plan Ahead Mom's Planner, Mom's Manager and Mom's Family Desk Calendar. These are all great planners and will do the trick for busy moms!
I would love to hear how you keep your family on schedule…do you use a phone app or a paper planner?
*This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links I will be paid a very tiny commision that will help with the costs of maintaining this blog. You can read my full disclosure policy HERE.
Latest posts by Jamie (see all)
- My Favorite Submission Sites for Printables, Crafts, DIY and Recipes - October 17, 2019
- How to Properly Dispose of Prescription Drugs - October 14, 2019
- Weight Watchers Potato Soup - October 9, 2019