I have to say that Nutter Butter's are a cookie I love. There is something about the peanut butter that just draws me in! Holidays are a great time to make food FUN for kids and these Carrot Nutter Butter Cookies are definitely fun!
Carrot Nutter Butter Cookies for Easter
I don't know about you, but I like EASY when it comes to making treats with the kids. Recipes that take a ton of ingredients and steps are NOT for me! These Carrot Nutter Butter Cookies for Easter fall into the easy category.
Ingredients Needed for Carrot Nutter Butter Cookies
How to Make Carrot Nutter Butter Cookies
- Place a piece of parchment paper on a cookie sheet. This is really important and will save you a big mess. 😆
- Take the green Sour Patch Straws and cut in half and then half again. Trim the cut straws to the desired length. This will be the grass for your carrots. You can put a little or a lot.
- It is time to carefully open the Nutter Butter cookies. You can do this by hand or by slipping a butter knife in between the cookies. Don't worry if you break one…you can eat that one, LOL.
- Spoon a small amount of frosting on the cookie and press your green grass topper in.
- Now put a thin layer of frosting on top and put the top of the cookie back on. This will help seal it back together.
- Melt the orange candy melts according to the package instructions. This will depend on how many Carrot Nutter Butter Cookies you are making. I like to melt a little bit and melt more as I need it. This helps reduce the waste.
- Coat the Nutter Butters in orange candy melts.
- Place on the cookies on the parchment paper and put the cookie sheet in the freezer until it sets. This doesn't take very long…a few minutes.
Perfect Treat for Easter
What are you doing for Easter? My kids have been coloring some Easter Egg color pages and I have been scrapbooking some vintage Easter layouts with Easter pics from years ago that I am way behind on! We will be hosting a family get together at our house on Easter this year.
Let me know what you have planned this year!