Are you ready for a fun and easy DIY Halloween craft? This is a quick Halloween craft that can be adapted to YOUR likes and preferences! It isn't big so it won't take up a ton of space in your Halloween decorations tub either! This is also a great craft for using up some leftover scrapbook paper scraps.
Easy DIY Halloween Craft
Supplies Needed for the Easy DIY Halloween Craft
2×4 wooden board cut 6 inches long
piece of cardstock Halloween paper cut to 6 inches wide by 3 inches tall
Letters to spell out BOO! These letters are about 2 1/2 inches tall and about 5 inches wide
Bottle of Perfect Paper Adhesive Matte
Bottle of acrylic craft paint color of your choice that matches your paper
Self Adhesive rhinestones in colors to match your paper
Ribbon of your choice 2 foot or more depending on how large you want your bow
How to Make an Easy DIY Halloween Craft
- You will start off with you plain block of wood. I had some scrap wood in the garage and asked my dad to cut a board down to size for me. If you need to buy a board, many lumber yards will cut the board for you if you ask nicely!
- You are going to paint this wood piece a solid color that coordinates with your paper. You CAN leave the wood unpainted if you like that look! I chose to paint my wood black to coordinate with my black letters. This paint job is very basic. It is nothing fancy! Just slap a coat on all sides and let it dry before moving on.
- Once the board is dry you can begin to adhere your piece of cardstock. I applied a thin coat of Perfect Paper Adhesive (PPA) to the wood on the side I wanted to use. Then I applied a thin coat to the back of my paper. I put my paper on and slide it into place. Then I let it dry for a little while and then put a coat of PPA over the top of the paper. It is best to use the foam brush for the application of the PPA. I let this coat dry before moving on to the letters.
- Next you will adhere your letters to the top of the cardstock. I used my Pazzles die cutting machine to cut my letters out of black cardstock. If you don't have a Cricut, Silhoutte or other die cutting machine you still have options! You can buy large sticker letters at a craft store. You could also buy a large letter stencil and use that to trace your letters on cardstock and then cut them out.
- I found it easiest to just apply another coat of PPA to the top of my wood and then center my letters on the wood. After they have dried for a little while go ahead and put another coat of PPA over the top to seal them well.
- If you are not a “blingy” person you can stop and tie your ribbon around the block of wood now. You can also add some rhinestone embellishments to the letters now. If you don't care for rhinestones…you may like to use Stickles to add little dots of color to your letters. You can get creative and add whatever you like to your block!
What Are Your Favorite Halloween Crafts?
This is a very versatile craft. It is something the kids can assist with! You can also adapt it for other holidays. I hope you enjoy making this as much as I did! Mine is sitting neatly on the fireplace next to my pumpkin basket! I would love to hear what you think and how you adapted this to your style and personality!
What are your favorite Halloween DIY crafts to make? Be sure to check out all my other fun DIY projects!
- Unique Fun Christmas Gifts for Tween Girls in 2023 - October 31, 2023
- Weight Watchers Skinny Slow Cooker Pineapple Chicken - September 22, 2023
- Fun and Easy Ghost Halloween Popcorn Balls Recipe - September 20, 2023