It is possible to make handmade cards without using stamps. There are lots of ways to create a homemade card that looks beautiful without getting out the ink and stamp pads. I made my mom a beautiful homemade Mother's Day card by using die cuts, rub-ons, and a picture.
Table of Contents
WHY MAKE HANDMADE CARDS?
I have started making more and more handmade cards. If you buy most of your cards at the store you know that the prices of cards has gotten crazy. The nicer cards are usually $4 to $8 dollars now!
It is also sometimes hard to find a card that is just right. Sometimes it is easier to make a card yourself so it is exactly how you want it to be!
Making homemade cards is also a great way to use up those papercrafting scraps and embellishments that we all have piled up in our crafting spaces.
DO YOU HAVE TO USE STAMPS FOR CARDMAKING?
I love to scrapbook. Many scrapbookers also make handmade cards. For many years I had avoided cardmaking. One reason was that I will NEVER be caught up on my scrapbooks. So I didn't want to take the time away from finishing my albums.
Another reason was that I thought stamping was required for cardmaking. Many of the beautiful cards I saw involved intricate stamping. I didn't have a large supply of stamping supplies and until I started getting more supplies I wanted to try making handmade cards without using stamps.
You do not have to use stamps to make a lovely handmade card.
HOW TO MAKE HANDMADE CARDS WITHOUT USING STAMPS
Let's talk about how to make handmade cards without using stamps. It is easier than you think and you probably already have the supplies at home to do it right now (if you are a crafter, LOL).
I will give you some different ideas on types of supplies you can use to create the cards and will show you the card I made for my mom.
HOW TO CREATE A CARD WITHOUT STAMPS
I like to start out with some blank cardstock cards. I do not make my own card base….they are very inexpensive to buy packs of cards at almost any craft store…or Walmart…or Amazon.
Decide what the focus of your card will be. There are many ways to decorate the front of the card without using stamps.
Here are some ideas of things you can use.
- Die cuts are a wonderful way to embellish a card. You can buy already cut die-cuts or you can use die cuts you have at home and cut them out on your die-cut machine. Stamp Chimp has some cute die-cuts that make card-making easy. Remember you can COLOR the die cuts with nice markers instead of stamps!
- Letter stickers can be a good option.
- Add a little ribbon or twine to the card from your stash.
- I love rub-ons and used them for this specific card for my mom.
- Don't forget some basics like cardstock to bring color to the card. Use plain colors as backgrounds and coordinate with patterned cardstock too.
- Grab those glue dots and add some bling to the front of the card. Rhinestones, pearls, sequins, puffy stickers, and buttons are all fun.
HANDMADE MOTHER'S DAY CARD
I love using items from my craft room that I have had for a long time. An older line from My Mind'e Eye was used for this card. I had purchased this at a scrapbook convention years before and it was perfect!
A variety of items from this line were used in this card. I used a die-cut bird that I attached with mini pop-dots so it would have more dimension.
Rub-ons from the set were used on the front and inside the card. I love being able to create handmade cards without using stamps.
I printed off a picture of my mom and me when I was a newborn. It was printed off in a small size and matted onto cardstock.
My handwriting is horrible, so I typed up a sweet Mother's Day saying I found in the book, Inspiration Station, by Betsy Flot. I LOVE this book…it is packed with ideas for page titles, quotes, and sayings for cards and scrapbooks. After I typed up the saying, I printed it off on colored cardstock and then matted it for the inside of the card.
HOW DO YOU MAKE HANDMADE CARDS?
How do you like to make handmade cards or are you a newbie? Feel free to share your ideas by leaving a comment below.
Before you leave be sure to check out these ideas:
- 5 Minute Handmade Graduation Card
- How to Make a Cricut Elf Card
- Monthly Card Making Kit Clubs
- Join my PAPERCRAFTING Facebook group for daily inspiration!
Be sure to PIN this post for later and SHARE on Facebook!
- Unique Fun Christmas Gifts for Tween Girls in 2023 - October 31, 2023
- Weight Watchers Skinny Slow Cooker Pineapple Chicken - September 22, 2023
- Fun and Easy Ghost Halloween Popcorn Balls Recipe - September 20, 2023