This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SummerWithStouffers #CollectiveBias
There will be a lot of hot dogs cooked this summer and sometimes the hot dog toppings get boring. I have 10 ways to top a hot dog this 4th of July so that your cookout is fabulous! Hover over the image below to start shopping for your 4th of July party now!
We typically host a big family 4th of July gathering each year. This year will be a little more difficult for me because I have a broken ankle and cannot walk!
I have been looking at ways I can make this holiday a little easier on myself. One way that will save me time and energy is to have a simple main dish for our party.
We will be grilling out hot dogs. Yes…just regular old hot dogs. They are quick to grill. I don't have to do any prep work and they are inexpensive.
One thing I will do to make our hot dogs a little more exciting is to offer lots of fun hot dog toppings! This will give my guests choices to make a simple hot dog more gourmet.
EASY SIDE DISH
The other solution I found to make throwing a party easier on myself is to pick an easy side dish. There are usually quite a few families with children at our celebration.
One thing that kids and adults love is macaroni and cheese. While I was shopping at Walmart I knew I could bring home creamy, cheesy goodness if I bought STOUFFER'S® Macaroni and Cheese. It was nice to be able to pick up everything I needed for the party at my local Walmart.
Let's face it… STOUFFER'S Macaroni and Cheese is always the perfect side dish. We love it year round, but for some reason, it belongs next to a hot dog on our 4th of July plate!
Knowing I don't have to work for hours in my kitchen while standing on one leg makes me very happy! The knowledge that every plate will be scraped also makes me smile.
EASY HOT DOG TOPPINGS FOR YOUR COOKOUT
I like making gourmet hot dogs while still keeping it EASY! Here are some easy hot dog toppings that will make you feel gourmet without taking up a lot of time.
- Chili is always a great option for a hot dog. You can use homemade chili or canned chili if you are short on time.
- Make a Taco Hot Dog by adding shredded lettuce, cheese and some jalapenos to your dog.
- A traditional hot dog topped with ketchup, mustard and relish are always going to be a winner.
- Bring some major flavor with sauerkraut and spicy mustard.
- Double the meat by adding slices of crispy bacon to your hot dog along with lettuce and tomato for a BLT dog.
- If you want to add some veggies to your dog top it some coleslaw!
- A California dog is made by adding slices of avocado, cucumber and some green goddess dressing to the hot dog.
- Make a sausage and pepper dog by adding grilled peppers and onions to your hot dog.
- Another great hot dog topping is to make it a Cuban by adding some sliced ham, Swiss cheese, dill pickles, and yellow mustard.
- Adding baked beans to your hot dog is a delicious way to top a dog.
STOUFFER'S IBOTTA OFFER
What is better than eating delicious STOUFFER'S Macaroni and Cheese? Saving some money when you buy it at Walmart!
So how will you top your hot dogs this 4th of July? Does your family love STOUFFER'S Macaroni and Cheese as much as mine does? Let me know how you will celebrate this year!