This post is sponsored by NewAir. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.
I just made Air Fryer Popcorn Shrimp in the Magic Chef® 10.5 Quart Air Fryer Oven and they were fantastic! Crispy popcorn shrimp without having to use a deep fryer was so great. This Air Fryer Oven is making life so easy at my house right now!
WHAT IS AN AIR FRYER OVEN?
Air fryers have gotten to be very popular in the past year or two. There are tons of options when it comes to buying an air fryer and one of those options is to get an air fryer oven.
The main difference between the two is that most basic air fryers utilize a basket to cook the food. The air fryer ovens use trays to cook the food.
What this means for me is that I can cook a lot more food in my air fryer oven then I can in a basic air fryer that uses a basket.
We have five people living in my house and I want to be able to cook the food all at once! The Magic Chef 10.5 Air Fryer Oven lets me do that exact thing!
MAGIC CHEF® 10.5 QUART DIGITAL AIR FRYER OVEN, ROTISSERIE, AND DEHYDRATOR
I am loving how easy the Magic Chef® 10.5 Quart Digital Air Fryer Oven, Rotisserie and Dehydrator is to use. Three racks for food means I can get the meal cooked in ONE session.
These food racks can also be used for dehydrating foods. Yes..I see some homemade beef jerky in my future! This air fryer oven also has the capability to be used as a rotisserie if you purchase those accessories. We all know how good rotisserie chicken is and how many things you can make with the leftovers!
There is a LED digital display with easy cooking presets for common foods. You can quickly override these presets with the time and temperature settings. There is a button to turn the inside light on if you want to keep an eye on your food while it is cooking.
Did I mention that the oven racks and removable drip tray are dishwasher safe? YES!! 😆
AIR FRYER OVEN COOKING TIPS
Once you get the hang of air frying you will be pleased with how easy it really is to do. Here are some tips to get you started if you are a newbie.
- To get really consistent results it is a good idea to flip your food halfway through cooking.
- If you are cooking a large quantity of food at one time you may need to add on a little bit of extra time so it gets done to your liking.
- When you want something extra crispy spray it with a little bit of non-stick oil spray or a mist of olive oil. This will really crisp up the food without adding a bunch of grease to the dish.
- Regular air fryer recipes will work just perfectly in the air fryer oven.
- If you are making a “fragile” food or food that has a filling you should cook it in a baking tin or an air fryer dish. Examples would be cakes, quiches, etc.
- This air fryer oven works great for reheating food. Just set the temperature to 300 degrees and check for doneness.
- Don't forget that this oven gets hot inside like a real oven. Always remove food trays, etc with oven mitts so you don't burn yourself!
- Air fryers are not designed to cook liquids! Do not try to cook or reheat soups or sauces.
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER POPCORN SHRIMP
My family loves popcorn shrimp but they always complain that they aren't very crispy when I cook them in the regular oven. I don't like using my deep fryer for 2 reasons. The first reason is the mess. The second reason is all that extra grease in the food.
I knew as soon as I got my Magic Chef Air Fryer Oven that popcorn shrimp would be better cooked in it. Guess what..I was right! Plus it didn't heat my whole kitchen up like the oven does. These air fryer popcorn shrimp were a big hit with the family!
STEP ONE: PLACE ON TRAYS
I grabbed a box of frozen popcorn shrimp out of the freezer.
I put the frozen shrimp in an even layer on the air fryer food trays. The whole box of shrimp fit on the 3 trays with a little extra room!
STEP TWO: COOK
Put the trays into the air fryer oven. Turn the oven on to 350 degrees F for 10 minutes.
When the oven is done cooking the shrimp is crispy and done!
I didn't spray any oil on these shrimp and they turned out great. Next time I may try adding a little bit of oil spray and see if there is a big difference.
AIR FRYER POPCORN SHRIMP RECIPE
Although there isn't much to making air fryer popcorn shrimp in the air fryer oven you can print off the recipe via the recipe card below if you like!
It is very easy to make Air Fryer Popcorn Shrimp in an air fryer oven. They turn out crispy and delicious.
- 20 ounces breaded popcorn shrimp frozen
Put the frozen shrimp in an even layer on the air fryer food trays.
Put the trays into the air fryer oven. Turn the oven on to 350 degrees F and set timer for 10 minutes.
When the oven is done cooking remove the trays from the oven and the shrimp are ready to serve.
ENTER TO WIN A MAGIC CHEF 10.5 AIR FRYER OVEN
I am SO excited to be able to give a brand new Magic Chef® 10.5 Quart Digital Air Fryer Oven, Rotisserie and Dehydrator away to one of my readers! If you are at least 18 years old and live in the US you are eligible to win! Just enter below!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
If you loved this easy recipe be sure to check out these other air fryer recipes too!
- Easy Air Fryer Green Beans
- Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Shrimp
- Apple Chips with Cinnamon in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Cajun Zucchini Chips
You can buy your own Magic Chef® 10.5 Quart Digital Air Fryer Oven, Rotisserie and Dehydrator for 20% off right now with this special code: LIFEISSWEETER20
Don't forget to PIN this recipe! Comment below and let me know what you love to cook in the air fryer!