I am shocked how easy some recipes are to make and yet how wonderful they are to enjoy! It cracks me up when I go to a ton of trouble and make something with 20 ingredients…only to think it is so-so. Then I will make something simple with only 2 ingredients like this Root Beer Freeze and am blown away by how satisfying it is!
If you like the flavor of root beer and ice cream…then this dessert recipe is for you! I LOVE root beer and ice cream together. Root Beer floats are one of our favorite family treats. We have been having them regularly for years….but lately we have taken it up a notch by involving a blender!
Our family is pretty picky when it comes to the brand of root beer…we prefer A&W Root Beer over all others! Of course, you can use any brand you want or you could even make your own if you are really, really awesome (which I am not, LOL)!
How to Make a Root Beer Freeze
- Put some vanilla ice cream in your blender. The amount depends on how many freezes you want to make and how big each freeze will be! If I use a whole 1/2 gallon of ice cream it will make about 4 average size freezes.
- Add the root beer of your choice to the blender. I usually add about 1 1/2 to 2 cups of root beer for a 1/2 gallon of ice cream. I like my freeze to be pretty liquidy though. If you like a thicker freeze…use less root beer.
- Blend the vanilla ice cream and root beer together until well blended and to desired thickness.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!
Once you make a root beer freeze I think you will be hooked! If you like an icy freeze…you can throw some ice cubes into your blender while you are blending. I personally like a smooth, creamy freeze!
What is your favorite frozen treat?
- Cupid Cocoa(Pink Hot Chocolate) - November 29, 2022
- Weight Watchers Diabetes Zero Point Foods List Printable - November 14, 2022
- Weight Watchers Zero Point Foods List Free Printable - November 14, 2022