Blue Coconut Ice Cream Floats are perfect for kids or adults and are easy to make at home. These ocean water floats will make you feel like you are at the beach.
HOW TO HAVE A BEACH PARTY AT HOME
These blue coconut ice cream floats are perfect for an at-home beach party. We live in Kansas and are a LONG way from a real beach.
Sometimes we just want to have a special day where we pretend we are at the beach.
Here are some fun ideas to create a beach day at home.
- We can make a small sandcastle right on our deck with kinetic sand. They offer a fun sandcastle package with all the right tools.
- Doing some seashell crafts is a fun way to spend a few hours.
- We might play a few rounds of seashell tic tac toe.
- Snacks like fish crackers will tide us over until our dinner of fish tacos.
- It is always fun to play a game of volleyball with a beach ball.
- My girls and I like to do mommy daughter pedicures so our feet are pretty for a beach party.
- Mini Popsicle Cupcakes are a fun treat.
INGREDIENTS FOR BLUE COCONUT ICE CREAM FLOATS
This recipe will make 6 floats and calls for simple ingredients.
- Coconut Extract
- Blue Food Coloring
- Lemon-Lime Soda
- Vanilla Extract
HOW TO MAKE BLUE COCONUT ICE CREAM FLOATS
A few extra steps and you can take an ordinary ice cream float and turn it into a pretty blue ocean water float. These will make kids smile!
STEP ONE: MAKE SIMPLE SYRUP
Start off by combining the water and sugar in a small microwave-safe bowl. Place in the microwave and heat for 30 seconds and then stir. If the sugar is not melted then microwave for and additional 15 seconds or until the sugar melts completely.
Add the coconut extract to the bowl and stir to combine.
Set the bowl aside to cool.
STEP TWO: ADD FOOD COLORING
Once the simple syrup has cooled it is time to add three drops of blue food coloring.
Stir to combine.
Now stir the blue syrup into the 24 ounces of lemon-lime soda pop.
STEP THREE: MAKE FLOATS
Place two scoops of ice cream into a small cup.
Pour the blue soda pop over the top of the ice cream.
BLUE COCONUT ICE CREAM FLOATS RECIPE
This is such a simple recipe and the whole family will love it. You can print off the complete ingredients and instructions via the recipe card below.
Blue Coconut Ice Cream Floats look like ocean water and are delicious and fun.
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon coconut extract
- 3 drops Blue food coloring
- 24 ounces lemon lime soda
- 6 cups vanilla ice cream
Combine the water and sugar in a microwave safe bowl. Heat for 30 seconds and stir to form a syrup. Add the coconut extract and stir to combine. Set aside to cool.
After the syrup has cooled, add three drops of blue food coloring. Mix the food coloring into the syrup and pour into the lemon lime soda. Stir to combine.
Scoop two scoops of ice cream in a small cup. Pour the ocean water over the top of the ice cream. Serve immediately.
If you loved these ocean water floats then be sure to check out these other delicious desserts:
Be sure to PIN this for later!
- Butterfinger Teacher Appreciation Gift Tag Printable - March 30, 2023
- More Weight Watchers Changes in 2023 - March 25, 2023
- Printable Easter Bunny Note to Child - March 20, 2023
[…] Blue Coconut Ice Cream Floats will be a hit with any child or adult and these only take minute to make. These have a tropical island feel and we know pirates spend a lot of time on islands! […]