Who knew that Sweet Potato Brownies would be so tasty? This is a healthier version of brownies and also makes a great Weight Watchers recipe for people following that program.
Do Sweet Potato Brownies Taste Good?
The big question is do sweet potato brownies taste good? The answer is YES! I have had brownies made with black beans, pumpkin and many other ingredients. It is amazing how good a brownie can taste with untraditional ingredients.
The other nice thing is that these brownies do not have any flour in them. I know a lot of people are trying to avoid flour these days.
Ingredients Needed for Sweet Potato Brownies
There are only 4 ingredients in these sweet potato brownies! The fewer ingredients the better if you ask me!
- Mashed, Cooked Sweet Potato
- Peanut Butter or Almond Butter
- Honey or Maple Syrup
- Cocoa Powder
How to Make Sweet Potato Brownies
Sweet Potato Brownies are easy to make. Let's face it…how hard can a recipe with 4 ingredients really be??
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Start off by peeling a large sweet potato. Pierce the potato a few times and then microwave on high for 5-10 minutes or until nice and soft.
- Mash the sweet potato up in a bowl and measure out 1 cup and set aside.
- In a small saucepan combine the peanut butter and the syrup or honey. Heat over medium heat, stirring until well-combined.
- In a medium bowl combine the peanut butter mixture, the 1 cup of mashed sweet potato and the cocoa powder. Stir or whisk these ingredients together until they are thoroughly combined.
- Take a mini muffin pan and spray it with nonstick cooking spray. Spoon the mixture into 24 mini muffin cups evenly. Fill the cups about 1/2 full of batter.
- Bake for about 20-22 minutes. Allow the brownie bites to cool in the pan before popping them out.
This makes 24 mini muffins.
Only 4 Weight Watchers Freestyle SmartPoints Per Serving
If you are following the WW program these Sweet Potato Brownies are only 4 Freestyle SmartPoints per serving. Each serving size is 2 mini brownies.
This isn't the lowest point treat around, but it will help curb a brownie craving!
I love that this recipe is made in mini muffin tins because it is easier to control the serving size.
More Healthy Dessert Ideas
Do you need some more healthy dessert ideas? Check out these yummy recipes:
If you want some other decadent desserts made with sweet potatoes look THESE over!
Sweet Potato Brownies are a flourless brownie recipe that are packed full of goodness with only 4 ingredients.
- 1 cup cooked sweet potato mashed
- 1/2 cup peanut butter or almond butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Grease a mini muffin tin and set aside.
Peel a large sweet potato, pierce the skin a few times and microwave on high for 5-10 minutes or until soft. Mash the sweet potato and measure out 1 cup and set aside.
In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the peanut butter and maple syrup and heat until melted.
In a medium bowl, combine the cooked mashed sweet potato, melted mixture, and cocoa powder. Stir or whisk to thoroughly combine.
Pour the batter evenly into prepared mini muffin tin.
Bake for 20-22 minutes and let cool before popping them out of the pan.
Serves 12 – 4 Weight Watchers Freestyle SmartPoints per serving – 2 mini muffins per serving
Do you like to bake desserts with sweet potatoes? Let me know what you think of these sweet potato brownies!
Be sure to PIN this recipe for later!