There is one thing that can sabotage all my efforts to eat healthy. It is not having the right foods in the fridge and pantry. I decided to compile a Weight Watchers Food List to help me (and you, lol) keep a well stocked pantry so you can minimize temptations at home. These foods are great for snacks or for making delicious Weight Watchers Recipes.
Weight Watchers Food List
There are really endless items you could put on a Weight Watchers Food List. I am going to narrow it down a little so we have a starting place. Sometimes too many options is overwhelming, especially in the beginning.
Produce Food List for Weight Watchers
- Fresh Fruit–some of the best choices are berries, apples, pears, grapes, bananas, melons
- Fresh Vegetables–any and all veggies except potatoes and sweet potatoes are wonderful choices. Potatoes can be eaten in moderation.
- Save time by buying pre-cut veggies and bagged salad mixes.
- The produce section usually has a good selection of healthy nuts too. You may also find healthy, low-calorie dressings.
Meat Food List for Weight Watchers
- Skinless chicken breast
- Skinless turkey breast
- 99% Fat-Free ground turkey
- 93% Fat-Free ground beef
- Lean Pork Chops
- Any kind of fresh or frozen seafood
Dairy Food List for Weight Watchers
- Eggs can be a lifesaver on Weight Watchers
- Low Fat or Fat Free Cottage Cheese
- Light Mozzarella String Cheese
- Fat Free Nonfat Plain Greek Yogurt. Use this to make these delicious bagels.
- Low Fat or Fat Free Milk
- Thinly Sliced Cheese
- Fat Free Shredded Cheese
- Velveeta Sliced Cheese is only 1 point per slice.
Frozen Food List for Weight Watchers
- Frozen Veggies
- Weight Watchers Frozen Meals when you are in a time crunch.
- Frozen Fruit that is unsweetened.
- Whole Grain Waffles
- Low Calorie Ice Cream–there are several brands out now that are very tasty.
- Weight Watchers Popsicles and Fudgesicles
- Frozen turkey meatballs
Pantry Staples Food List for Weight Watchers
- Canned vegetables
- Canned black beans
- Fat-free refried beans
- Canned diced tomatoes
- Canned tuna in water
- Canned chicken breast
- Canned fruit that is unsweetened in water
- Fat-Free Mayo
- Soy Sauce–reduced sodium
- Fat-Free Salad Dressings or Low-Calorie Dressing
- Sugar Free Jello
- 94% Fat Free Microwave Popcorn
- Low Calorie Bread
- Corn Tortillas
- Low Carb Tortillas
Keeping It Simple Helps
Keeping your Weight Watchers Food List simple with easy to cook foods will help you succeed.
What is on your Weight Watchers Food List this week? What do you love to buy that I don't have listed??