There is one thing that can sabotage all my efforts to eat healthily. It is not having the right foods in the fridge and pantry. I decided to compile a Weight Watchers Food List to help me (and you, lol) keep a well-stocked pantry so you can minimize temptations at home. These foods are great for snacks or for making delicious Weight Watchers Recipes.
Weight Watchers Food List
There are endless items you could put on a Weight Watchers Food List. I am going to narrow it down a little so we have a starting place. Sometimes too many options are overwhelming, especially in the beginning.
These items are great for any of the 3 myWW plans because all the plans focus on whole, nutritious foods.
Produce Section Food List for Weight Watchers
- Fresh Fruit–some of the best choices are berries, apples, pears, grapes, bananas, melons
- Fresh Vegetables–any and all veggies are wonderful choices. Potatoes and sweet potatoes are nutritious but should probably be eaten in moderation.
- Save time by buying pre-cut veggies and bagged salad mixes if you are in a hurry. You can also find delicious stir fry kits.
- The produce section usually has a good selection of healthy nuts too. You may also find healthy, low-calorie dressings.
- Don't forget to look for fresh herbs in the produce section.
Meat Section Food List for Weight Watchers
- Skinless chicken breasts
- Skinless turkey breast
- 99% Fat-Free ground turkey
- 93% Fat-Free ground beef
- Lean Pork Chops
- Any kind of fresh or frozen seafood
Dairy Section Food List for Weight Watchers
- Eggs can be a lifesaver on Weight Watchers and if you get bored eating eggs check out these ideas.
- Low Fat or Fat-Free Cottage Cheese
- Light Mozzarella String Cheese
- Fat-Free Nonfat Plain Greek Yogurt. Use this to make these delicious bagels.
- Low Fat or Fat-Free Milk or Almond Milk or Coconut Milk
- Thinly Sliced Cheese
- Low Fat Shredded Cheese
- Velveeta Sliced Cheese is only 1 point per slice.
- Low fat cream cheese
Frozen Food List for Weight Watchers
- Frozen Veggies are a lifesaver.
- Frozen Fruit that is unsweetened.
- Whole Grain Waffles
- Low-Calorie Ice Cream–there are several brands out now that are very tasty.
- Weight Watchers Popsicles and Fudgesicles
- Frozen turkey meatballs
- Veggie burgers that are low in fat are a good option.
Pantry Staples Food List for Weight Watchers
- Canned vegetables
- Canned black beans
- Fat-free refried beans
- Canned diced tomatoes
- Canned tuna in water
- Canned chicken breast
- Canned fruit that is unsweetened in water
- Fat-Free Mayo
- Soy Sauce–reduced sodium
- Fat-Free Salad Dressings or Low-Calorie Dressing
- Sugar-Free Jello
- 94% Fat-Free Microwave Popcorn
- Low-Calorie Bread
- Corn Tortillas
- Low Carb Tortillas
- Light Progresso Soups
- Sugar-free jelly or jam
- Hot sauce
- Spices and seasonings
- Shredded wheat cereal
- Whole grain pasta
- Brown rice
KEEP THINGS SIMPLE
Keeping your Weight Watchers Food List simple with easy to cook foods will help you succeed.
What is on your Weight Watchers Food List this week? What do you love to buy that I don't have listed??