Weight Watchers Shrimp Spaghetti is a filling and delicious meal. This is a Weight Watchers recipe that is good enough to serve to company too!
WEIGHT WATCHERS SPICY SHRIMP SPAGHETTI
So many people love pasta and spaghetti. There are no off-limits foods with the WW program and that includes pasta.
One easy way to bring more health benefits to pasta eating is to buy whole wheat pasta. This recipe has a base of whole wheat spaghetti.
There is only a small point difference between regular spaghetti and whole wheat spaghetti, but every point counts!!
I love that this recipe has a spicy kick to it. You can tame it down easily though if you don't like spice!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR WW SHRIMP SPAGHETTI
This is an easy meal to throw together. I like to keep bags of frozen shrimp on hand in the freezer so I usually have most of the ingredients needed on hand…except the cherry tomatoes!
- Whole Wheat Spaghetti
- Frozen Large Shrimp
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Clam Juice (or chicken stock)
- Crushed Red Pepper
- Lemon Zest
- Salt and Pepper
HOW TO MAKE WEIGHT WATCHERS SHRIMP SPAGHETTI
My family enjoys this recipe for Weight Watchers Shrimp Spaghetti and they don't even realize it is a great dinner for Weight Watchers! Those are the best kind too.
- Start off by cooking the spaghetti according to package directions on the stove.
- Drain the spaghetti and divide it equally among 5 serving bowls. It should be around 1 cup of noodles or so per serving.
- Take a large skillet and combine the clam juice, cherry tomatoes, and the minced garlic.
- Cover the skillet and let this mixture cook for about 5 minutes over medium-low heat. Keep cooking until the cherry tomatoes burst open!
- Add the peeled, deveined shrimp, crushed red pepper, lemon zest, and salt and pepper to the skillet.
- Cover the skillet and let this cook for about 5 more minutes or until the shrimp are cooked through.
- Remove lid and add the chopped parsley.
- Divide the shrimp and sauce over the top of the five bowls of noodles.
- Garnish with extra crushed red pepper and chopped parsley, if desired.
WEIGHT WATCHERS SHRIMP SPAGHETTI RECIPE
Your mouth is probably watering by now! If you are ready to make this yummy Weight Watchers Shrimp Spaghetti Recipe then print off the full ingredients and instructions below on the recipe card.
Weight Watchers Shrimp Spaghetti is a delicious main dish meal that is low in points for a healthy serving!
- ½ lb. whole wheat spaghetti noodles
- 12 ounces frozen raw large shrimps thawed, peeled, deveined
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 10 ounces cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup chicken stock or clam juice
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
Cook the spaghetti accordingly to package instructions. Drain and divide it among 5 serving bowls.
In a large pan combine the chicken stock (or calm juice), cherry tomatoes and garlic.
Cover and cook for 5 minute, on medium-low heat, till the tomatoes burst open.
Add the shrimp, crushed red pepper, lemon zest, salt and pepper to the skillet.
Cover again and cook for 5 more minutes, till the shrimps are cooked through.
Finish with the chopped parsley.
Serve the shrimp sauce over the spaghetti. Garnish with more red pepper flakes and chopped parsley.
Each serving should be around one cup of noodles. Divide the shrimp/sauce evenly over the servings of noodles.
It is ZERO points for the Purple plan, 5 points for the Blue plan and 6 points for the Green plan.
If you love shrimp or pasta here are some more yummy WW recipes to check out:
- WW Instant Pot Potato and Shrimp Soup
- Spanish Garlic Shrimp
- WW Baked Turkey and Pasta Casserole
- Weight Watchers Pasta Recipes
If you LOVE comfort foods be sure to look at this cookbook—it is one of my favorites!
Don't forget to PIN this Weight Watchers Shrimp Spaghetti recipe so you can come back and make it again!