I love Valentine’s Day crafts, but I prefer to create projects that I can use and display year round. I decorated this heart coffee mug with gold, silver, and bronze Sharpie Markers so that I can use it long after the holiday of love is gone. You are going to love how easy this DIY Valentine's Sharpie Mug is to make yourself!
DIY Valentine's Sharpie Mug
Kids will enjoy this Valentine’s Day project, but adults will want to make these mugs too. You can make them inexpensively and give them to your loved ones or coworkers. Doodling on dollar store mugs is a great gift for kids to give their grandparents, and the metallic, gold, and bronze give this mug a masculine look that they could give their Dad.
I don’t draw very well, but I can make lines. Thank goodness that’s all you need to make this pretty mug. The metallic ink against the glossy black mug is a striking contrast and suitable for a man or woman.
Supplies Needed for a DIY Valentine's Sharpie Mug
How to Make a DIY Valentine's Sharpie Mug
1. Wash and dry your mug. Clean the outside with rubbing alcohol and let dry completely.
2. Apply your sticker to the center of the mug.
3. Alternating colors, draw lines around the heart, trying to keep the lines about the same length.
4. Once all the lines are drawn it is time to take the sticker off.
5. To keep your design from chipping, you will need to bake it in the oven. Place your mug on a baking sheet in a cold oven. Turn your oven on 200° and bake for 2 hours. Turn off oven, and let mug cool completely before removing from oven.
6. To make your mug last longer, hand wash only.