Gummy Bear Heart Cookies are fun anytime of year, but especially around Valentine's Day. This is a shortcut kind of dessert recipe and kids can even help make them.
Table of Contents
Gummy Bear Heart Cookies
It is so fun to find easy ways to make adorable cookies. Little girls love hearts in every shape and size. They will definitely love heart-shaped cookies.
Who knew that heating up a gummy bear would result in a cute little heart in the center of a cookie.
How to Make Gummy Bear Heart Cookies
The best part about these cookies is how EASY they are to make. I use ready-made sugar cookie dough from the refrigerated section at the store. This speeds up the process tremendously.
- First preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Take the sugar cookie dough and form it into small balls using about a tablespoon of dough. Flatten the balls slightly.
- Place the formed and flattened sugar cookie balls onto a baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper. A silicone baking mat also works great for these cookies.
- Take the red gummy bears and cut them in half lengthwise. Each cookie will get one gummy bear (or 2 halves of a gummy bear).
- Gently press down in the center of each cookie with your finger to form a “V” or heart shape. It works best to create a fairly deep indention. This can be achieved by moving your finger back and forth a little bit. Be careful not to push too far or you will go through the bottom of the cookie.
- Place one half of the red gummy bear into each of the two sections of the heart shape on the cookie.
- Bake the cookies for 9-11 minutes or until they are cooked through and the gummy bears have melted in the center.
- If the gummy bears are not melting quite right feel free to use a toothpick to swirl them around so they will be distributed around the heart shape.
- Allow the cookies to cool before serving.
Download the Gummy Bear Heart Cookies Recipe
You can download the recipe for the Gummy Bear Heart Cookies below and add it to your recipe collection.
Gummy Bear Heart Cookies are a fun way to eat sugar cookies especially around Valentine's Day.
- 1 roll refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- Red gummy bears
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Form the sugar cookie dough into small balls with a tablespoon of the batter, and slightly flatten.
Place the formed cookies into a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
Cut the red gummy bears in half lengthwise. You will need one gummy bear for each cookie.
Gently press down with your index or pinky finger into the center of each cookie, forming a “v” or heart shape. These cookies turn out better if you can create a fairly deep indent by going back and pressing down with the tip of your finger, but be careful not to push too far through the bottom of the cookie.
Place one half of the red gummy bear into each of the two sections of the heart shape on each cookie.
Bake the cookies for 9-11 minutes until they are cooked through, and the gummy bears have melted in the center.
If your gummy bears are not completely melted, you can take a toothpick, and swirl them around to finish melting them and distribute the gummy candy around the heart shape on each cookie.
Let the cookies cool, and serve.
More Valentine's Day Fun
What else do you have planned for February? I have some more fun ideas for you to make and do! Check these out:
- Valentine's Day Decorated Pretzels
- Free Printable Pizza Valentines
- Valentine's Day Sharpie Mug
- Free Printable Owl Valentines
Be sure to SHARE this easy Gummy Bear Heart Cookies recipe with your friends on social media!
- Unique Fun Christmas Gifts for Tween Girls in 2023 - October 31, 2023
- Weight Watchers Skinny Slow Cooker Pineapple Chicken - September 22, 2023
- Fun and Easy Ghost Halloween Popcorn Balls Recipe - September 20, 2023