Finding the right gift for everyone you love can be hard, but not with this ultimate gift guide. There is something for basically everyone in your life in this guide and the ideas are fantastic. Gift-giving should be FUN, not a chore because the feeling of someone opening a perfect gift is priceless.
HOW TO PICK THE PERFECT GIFT
Gift-giving is one of my love languages. I LOVE giving gifts…especially if they are handpicked and special. The people close to me would probably agree that I have gotten my gift-giving down to a science, LOL.
The secret behind giving great gifts is to really know what the person loves and is interested in. Once you establish that it is easy to find unique and unusual gifts that will fit their personality.
Obviously it is a little harder if you are buying for someone you don't know well. You may have to be a little sneaky and talk to one of their friends or relatives to get some ideas of their interests. It is worth the extra time and effort to make someone's gift special.
THE ULTIMATE GIFT GUIDE
I am breaking the ultimate gift guide down into sections based on age and sometimes gender.
You will find guides for many different specialties too!
Keeping reading to find all the ideas you need to make your Christmas extra special this year.
Remember these gift ideas work for more than just Christmas! Birthdays, special days, and just because gifts are needed throughout the year.
GIFTS FOR BABIES TO AGE 2
Babies and very young children may not be totally aware they are getting a gift, but that doesn't always mean we can get away with NOT giving one, LOL.
I like to give infants gifts that also help parents and gifts that will last through siblings that may come along later.
Melissa and Doug products are always a good quality gift idea for children. Here are some of my favorite M&D options for babies:
- Sound Puzzles are so fun and also educational. My kids loved these!
- A Geometric Stacker Toy is great for babies and young children. This will last for YEARS to come!
- The Fishbowl Fill and Spill is a plush toy that helps with hand-eye coordination and they try to add the small plush fish to the fishbowl.
- A Caterpillar Gears Toy has bright colors and will be a hit with babies and toddlers.
Some more great gift ideas for babies that I know will make baby and parent happy!
- This Unicorn LED Sound and Light Projector will bring pretty lights and beautiful songs to bedtime for baby. It is also a great calming device.
- A Gund Peek-a-Boo Peter Rabbit will allow for hours of peek-a-boo fun for your child. This is such an inventive plush!
- It is never too early to think about potty training and a personalized potty chair will make it more fun.
- Captivating Color Liquid Tiles are so pretty and squishy and babies will love them! Lay these on the floor and let babies crawl on them.
GIFT IDEAS FOR CHILDREN 3 TO 5 YEARS
Children ages 3 to 5 years old are busy and very active. I love to gift kids this age presents that will help them stay busy and active.
Engaging their little minds is so important during these formative years. Their attention spans may not be very long and it is nice to have lots of different activities ready to keep them occupied.
Here are some fun outdoor gift ideas for children 3 to 5.
- The One2Go 2-in-1 Folding Tricycle Balance Bike is streamlined and grows and changes with your child as their riding skills increase. It will help build their confidence quickly.
- A Regatta Boat Tree Swing will allow for hours of fun and a friend can ride too.
- Kids will be worn out after playing the Giant Kick Croquet Game. This is awesome for working on those kicking skills.
- Snowman building will never be the same after they get this amazing Decorate-a-Great Snowman Kit. It comes with 40 wooden pieces for creative and fun snowmen.
Indoor fun is important, especially during the cold winter months. Here are some great gift ideas that kids can use indoors.
- The Great Shapes Magnetic Activity Board keeps fun organized in a great carrying case. This includes magnetic shapes and creative cards to help children design new creations with shapes. It is great for on-the-go and can be used in the car!
- A Doorway Puppet Theater will let their little imaginations run wild. Make your own sock puppets or buy these adorable handmade puppets.
- This massive 255 piece wooden domino race set will let the whole family participate in the fun creations and games.
- Help the child learn to spell their name quickly with a personalized wooden name puzzle. This will also make a keepsake.
Educational gifts that are also FUN are perfect for kids this age.
Dr. STEM Toys has a really fun gift idea! Kids will adore the Ask Einstein Electronic Flash Cards. Einstein, the world’s smartest animal, can test kids in their knowledge of animals, colors, math, and nature with the flip of a flashcard. The modern twist on the old-timey flashcard is the addition of a flash! Plus the Einstein mouse is adorable!! There are additional booster packs you can get and kids will love it!
Another fun idea is Lunii. Lunii is a screen-free and emissions-free storyteller to spark a child’s imagination. It’s a great alternative to tablets and phones. Compact, lightweight, and easy to carry, Lunii is a child’s companion that fosters their creative world. This unique “story maker” empowers children to craft their own story by choosing a hero, a location, an object and another character. This magical device holds hundreds of fun stories and adventures. Did I mention it is a top rated toy on Amazon??
GRADE SCHOOL AGED CHILDREN
The options for gift giving to school-aged children are endless. A problem that does arise often is the worry about duplicating something they already have or knowing exactly what they are “into” right now.
This issue can be solved easily by getting them UNIQUE and unusual gifts like the ones you will find in this ultimate gift guide.
I try to steer clear of buying the “latest” toys and gadgets and get gifts that are more educational and craft-based. If you avoid shopping the toy aisle at the local big box store you should be fine.
EDUCATIONAL GIFT IDEAS FOR KIDS
Educational gifts don't have to be a bore anymore. The ideas I have gathered will bring a smile to your child's face for sure.
Educational gifts have come a long way in the last few years and I am wowed by how fun these toys actually will be for kids.
Here are some educational yet still very fun gift guide ideas for grade school-aged children:
- A deluxe magic set will provide any child with hours of learning and fun. Don't forget the fun magic shows they will be able to put on for the family.
- This 62-piece student microscope set comes with a convenient carry case and is full of everything kids need to become excited about science.
- The Engino Inventor 30-in-1 Set will help any child over the age of six become an inventor. This is a fun STEM activity kit.
- Modern Art Connectagons will help kids challenge their creativity with learning how to make new designs and creations.
CRAFTY GIFT IDEAS FOR KIDS
Crafting is good for the soul and many children love this pasttime. Boys and girls alike can gain so many skills by starting crafts at a young age. Here are some crafty gift ideas for kids that are perfect for stockings and under the tree.
- A Wish*Craft Goddess Eye Wall Hanging Kit will keep your child busy making something they can gift to a friend or hang in their room. If a wall hanging kit isn't their thing…no worries…Wish*Craft has tons of craft kits to choose from.
- Getting children a set of iHeartArt gel pens or even an art supply bundle will keep their creative juices flowing over Christmas break.
- Drawing is good for hand eye coordination and is something kids can do in the car to pass time and get them off of electronics. I Can Draw books help kids learn the skills to draw everything from Disney characters to cats and dogs! These books are a great introduction for your budding artist.
- Learning to crochet really helps fine motor skills and could even lead to a business! Too Cute Crochet sets are adorable and perfect for newbies. Kids will adore the small baby animals they can crochet with these kits.
INTERACTIVE TOYS FOR KIDS
Interactive toys for grade school-aged kids are always a great choice. They allow for hours of independent play and are especially good for playing with friends.
Here are some great gift guide choices from Ben Franklin Toys:
- A talking cash register is teaching children a lot and they won't even notice because they will be having so much fun running their own little business. This talks in English, French, and Spanish! It also comes with batteries which is great for parents.
- Another great play set is the Play Teacher Role Play Set. Kids LOVE pretending to be the teacher and this set has everything they could want. It includes a desk blotter, map, bell, flag, pointer, attendance list, play clock and so much more.
- Kids will get a kick out of receiving a Talking ATM Machine. This talks, counts, always knows your balance, makes deposits, allows withdrawals, and more!
- Imaginative play will be fun with a Doctor Lab Kit that includes 30 pieces. This has over 12 safe and exciting Doctor activities included. A real working stethoscope, eye chart, real eye test, measurement/ruler device, color blind test, Doctor checklists, bandage, pill bottles, pretend shot, and much more.
One of my daughter's FAVORITE activities is building all sorts of creations with the Make-a-Fort Explorer kits. The best part of these kits is that they are sturdy and they can be put away when you need your living room back!! You will not regret this purchase!
GAME GIFT IDEAS FOR KIDS
I am all about finding things for my kids to do that get them off of screens for a while.
Games are a great idea and something that can be used year-round. They are also easy to take along on vacations and to grandma's house.
Here are some games you may not have heard of, but that are definitely worth buying and playing!
Game gift guide ideas can also lead to more quality family time which is an added bonus.
- Tentacle Tantrum is a hilarious game that is all about matching and snatching. This is perfect for families with children of varying ages because even younger kids can play, but everyone will enjoy it.
- Banana Blitz is a fast-paced game where players must roll, write, and grab the banana as quickly as they can. It’s a banana grabbing game that’s a bunch of fun for everyone and can be played by people 5 or older. As a mom, I love that this game won't take up much space in the cabinet.
- My family is obsessed with the game Ticket to Ride and I was thrilled to see a kids edition. Ticket to Ride First Journey is a great place for kids to start on their train game journey!
- Brain Freeze is a game that helps kids learn and reinforce important mental skills every time they play. It combines the favorite elements of popular classic strategy games into a unique kids game that even parents will enjoy playing.
GIFT IDEAS FOR TEENS
Most people would agree that teenagers can be harder to buy for unless you are getting them an expensive electronic gift.
If you know the teen well then it may be a breeze, but if you are buying for a teen that you aren't as well acquainted with it may be challenging to find the right gift.
I have found some wonderful gift ideas for teens that work for both guys and gals. These are more unusual gifts and are things they probably don't have!
- Retro is very in right now and this Retro Pixel Art Bluetooth Speaker is a really cool tech gift idea. This speaker is more than just another box for blasting your tunes! Teens can play legendary games like Tetris and Snake arcade-style as well as pixelated versions of Magic 8 Ball and dice.
- A hilarious and inexpensive gift for a teen is this Mini Wacky Waving Inflatable Tube Guy. This can sit on their desk and entertain them for years to come.
- I have never met a teen who didn't like pizza…and what is more fun than a Realistic Pizza Blanket? Your favorite teen can wrap themselves up in pizza and stay warm!! Their friends will fight them for this blanket, LOL.
- How about a Magic Candy Dispenser they can sit on their desk or bedside table. This motion-sensor dispenser could hold candy or even nuts for a snack while doing homework.
If you need a small and inexpensive gift for teens…you may want to get a Tee Turtle reversible plush toy. Yes…I know it looks like a baby toy, BUT these adorable plushies are a hit with teens. These cute little turtles have been going viral on TikTok! Happy on one side, angry when reversed. Kids can show their mood without saying a word.
GIFT IDEAS FOR WOMEN
If you are buying a gift for a woman in your life there are a ton of options. Women are happy with a variety of gifts, but normally sentimental gifts will be big winners.
I know that I love unique and thoughtful gifts and most of the women I know do too!
These ideas should work for many of the women in your life.
- A bonsai tree would be a fun and long-lasting gift and something very few people have. These can actually be ordered online and come in many different shapes and sizes for beginners.
- Buy your favorite woman a subscription box that is specific to their life. There are boxes for almost any hobby or interest. It can be a one-time box or you can buy them a monthly subscription for a year!
- If you want to give a thoughtful and sentimental gift try giving a jar of Kind Notes. There are lots of different jars to choose from and each jar is filled with individual, meaningful note messages. The recipient will open one note each day or each week and it will be the gift that keeps on giving. This is a great gift for someone who has everything!
- Most women love purses, but there are tons of different types of bags out there. Try giving a travel bag of some kind and you will probably make a lady very happy. Packing cubes, toiletry bags, and crossbody bags are all great for travel and it is a useful gift.
GIFT IDEAS FOR MEN
I think men can be the most difficult to buy for unless they have a hobby or sports team they are passionate about.
My best gift ideas for men are items that are UNUSUAL and things they haven't seen or heard about. They love to get a laugh too! So if the gift is funny it will probably be a favorite.
I have tried to pick some gift ideas for men that will work for men of any age.
- Nanodot Magnetic Cubes are NOT boring toys. These super-strong cubes are a great desk toy for home or work. There are 125 magnets included and they will keep any man occupied for sure.
- How about a device that can transform your smartphone into a projector in a snap? The Smartphone Projector is reasonably priced, ultra-portable, totally wireless, and uses no additional power.
- If you need an inexpensive yet useful gift try giving the Wallet Ninja. This is an 18-in-1 multitool that is the size of a credit card and can fit in the man's wallet.
- Give a gift that will give a gift all year long! The Sock of the Month Club is perfect for any man! Send them a new pair of socks every month during the year for a fun treat.
- If the man in your life enjoys games…he will love 3 Corn Hole Toss…a twist on regular cornhole that adds even more competition to the game.
MORE NICHE GIFT IDEAS
If we know the person we are giving a gift to very well we can really be specific with our gift-giving!
Here are some niche-specific gift guides that may be perfect for the love done on your list!
- Here are the best Christmas gifts for the outdoor lover in your life. This list works for people who love to camp, fish, hike, and be outside!
- Non-toy gift ideas for creative kids are perfect if you have artistic kids that you want to keep busy with creative gifts!
- Men who love to grill will love these personalized grilling gift ideas.
- These stocking stuffer ideas for kids will help you stuff a stocking they will adore.
- The scrapbooker in your life will love these stocking stuffers for scrapbookers!
- A list of budget-friendly Christmas gift ideas for coworkers will make the workplace better.
Which gifts from this ultimate gift guide will make someone on your list smile? Comment and let me know!
If you make this recipe and love it…please leave me a 5 Star Rating and PIN it for later! I would really appreciate it!