Finding the right gift for everyone you love can be hard, but not with this ultimate gift guide. There is something for basically everyone in your life in this guide and the ideas are fantastic. Gift-giving should be FUN, not a chore because the feeling of someone opening a perfect gift is priceless.
HOW TO PICK THE PERFECT GIFT
Gift-giving is one of my love languages. I LOVE giving gifts…especially if they are handpicked and special. The people close to me would probably agree that I have gotten my gift-giving down to a science, LOL.
The secret behind giving great gifts is to really know what the person loves and is interested in. Once you establish that it is easy to find unique and unusual gifts that will fit their personality.
Obviously it is a little harder if you are buying for someone you don't know well. You may have to be a little sneaky and talk to one of their friends or relatives to get some ideas of their interests. It is worth the extra time and effort to make someone's gift special.
THE ULTIMATE GIFT GUIDE
I am breaking the ultimate gift guide down into sections based on age and sometimes gender.
You will find guides for many different specialties too!
Keeping reading to find all the ideas you need to make your Christmas extra special this year.
Remember these gift ideas work for more than just Christmas! Birthdays, special days, and just because gifts are needed throughout the year.
GIFTS FOR BABIES TO AGE 2
Babies and very young children may not be totally aware they are getting a gift, but that doesn't always mean we can get away with NOT giving one, LOL.
I like to give infants gifts that also help parents and gifts that will last through siblings that may come along later.
Melissa and Doug products are always a good quality gift idea for children. Here are some of my favorite M&D options for babies:
- Sound Puzzles are so fun and also educational. My kids loved these!
- A Geometric Stacker Toy is great for babies and young children. This will last for YEARS to come!
- The Fishbowl Fill and Spill is a plush toy that helps with hand-eye coordination and they try to add the small plush fish to the fishbowl.
- A Caterpillar Gears Toy has bright colors and will be a hit with babies and toddlers.
Some more great gift ideas for babies that I know will make baby and parent happy!
- This Unicorn LED Sound and Light Projector will bring pretty lights and beautiful songs to bedtime for baby. It is also a great calming device.
- A Gund Peek-a-Boo Peter Rabbit will allow for hours of peek-a-boo fun for your child. This is such an inventive plush!
- It is never too early to think about potty training and a personalized potty chair will make it more fun.
- Captivating Color Liquid Tiles are so pretty and squishy and babies will love them! Lay these on the floor and let babies crawl on them.
GIFT IDEAS FOR CHILDREN 3 TO 5 YEARS
Children ages 3 to 5 years old are busy and very active. I love to gift kids this age presents that will help them stay busy and active.
Engaging their little minds is so important during these formative years. Their attention spans may not be very long and it is nice to have lots of different activities ready to keep them occupied.
Here are some fun outdoor gift ideas for children 3 to 5.
- The One2Go 2-in-1 Folding Tricycle Balance Bike is streamlined and grows and changes with your child as their riding skills increase. It will help build their confidence quickly.
- A Regatta Boat Tree Swing will allow for hours of fun and a friend can ride too.
- Kids will be worn out after playing the Giant Kick Croquet Game. This is awesome for working on those kicking skills.
- Snowman building will never be the same after they get this amazing Decorate-a-Great Snowman Kit. It comes with 40 wooden pieces for creative and fun snowmen.
Indoor fun is important, especially during the cold winter months. Here are some great gift ideas that kids can use indoors.
- The Great Shapes Magnetic Activity Board keeps fun organized in a great carrying case. This includes magnetic shapes and creative cards to help children design new creations with shapes. It is great for on-the-go and can be used in the car!
- A Doorway Puppet Theater will let their little imaginations run wild. Make your own sock puppets or buy these adorable handmade puppets.
- This massive 255 piece wooden domino race set will let the whole family participate in the fun creations and games.
- Help the child learn to spell their name quickly with a personalized wooden name puzzle. This will also make a keepsake.
GRADE SCHOOL AGED CHILDREN
The options for gift giving to school aged children are endless. A problem that does arise often is the worry about duplicating something they already have or knowing exactly what they are “into” right now.
This issue can be solved easily by getting UNIQUE and unusual gifts.
I try to steer clear of buying the “latest” toys and gadgets and get gifts that are more educational and craft based. If you avoid shopping the toy aisle at the local big box store you should be fine.
EDUCATIONAL GIFT IDEAS FOR KIDS
Educational gifts don't have to be a bore anymore. The ideas I have gathered will bring a smile to your child's face for sure.
Educational gifts have come a long way in the last few years and I am wow'd by how fun these toys actually will be for kids.
Here are some educational yet still very fun gift ideas for grade school aged children:
- A deluxe magic set will provide any child with hours of learning and fun. Don't forget the fun magic shows they will be able to put on for the family.
- This 62-piece student microscope set comes with a convenient carry case and is full of everything kids need to become excited about science.
- The Engino Inventor 30-in-1 Set will help any child over the age of six become an inventor. This is a fun STEM activity kit.
- Modern Art Connectagons will help kids challenge their creativity with learning how to make new designs and creations.
INTERACTIVE TOYS FOR KIDS
Interactive toys for grade school-aged kids are always a great choice. They allow for hours of independent play and are especially good for playing with friends.
Here are some great choices from Ben Franklin Toys:
- A talking cash register is teaching children a lot and they won't even notice because they will be having so much fun running their own little business. This talks in English, French, and Spanish! It also comes with batteries which is great for parents.
- Another great play set is the Play Teacher Role Play Set. Kids LOVE pretending to be the teacher and this set has everything they could want. It includes a desk blotter, map, bell, flag, pointer, attendance list, play clock and so much more.
- Kids will get a kick out of receiving a Talking ATM Machine. This talks, counts, always knows your balance, makes deposits, allows withdrawals, and more!
- Imaginative play will be fun with a Doctor Lab Kit that includes 30 pieces. This has over 12 safe and exciting Doctor activities included. A real working stethoscope, eye chart, real eye test, measurement/ruler device, color blind test, Doctor checklists, bandage, pill bottles, pretend shot, and much more.
GAME GIFT IDEAS FOR KIDS
I am all about finding things for my kids to do that get them off of screens for a while.
Games are a great idea and something that can be used year round. They are also easy to take along on vacations and to grandma's house.
Here are some games you may not have heard of, but that are definitely worth buying and playing!
Game gift ideas can also lead to more quality family time which is an added bonus.
- Tentacle Tantrum is a hilarious game that is all about matching and snatching. This is perfect for families with children of varying ages because even younger kids can play, but everyone will enjoy it.
- Banana Blitz is a fast-paced game where players must roll, write, and grab the banana as quickly as they can. It’s a banana grabbing game that’s a bunch of fun for everyone and can be played by people 5 or older. As a mom, I love that this game won't take up much space in the cabinet.
- My family is obsessed with the game Ticket to Ride and I was thrilled to see a kids edition. Ticket to Ride First Journey is a great place for kids to start on their train game journey!
- Brain Freeze is a game that helps kids learn and reinforce important mental skills every time they play. It combines the favorite elements of popular classic strategy games into a unique kids game that even parents will enjoy playing.