Pecan pie is part of holiday meals in my humble opinion. I absolutely love it and honestly…I am not a huge fan of nuts, LOL. Except for the ones in my family!! 🙂 It was important to create a Weight Watchers recipe that was a little more points friendly. These Weight Watchers Mini Pecan Pies are the answer!
Weight Watchers Mini Pecan Pies
When I think about how many calories are in pecan pie I just block it from my mind immediately. Most of the amounts I see are around 500 calories for ONE piece of pecan pie. If I plug one piece of pecan pie into WW it comes out to 21 points for the slice. OUCH. There goes my points for the day and I am not going to stay full!!!
Luckily there are ways to make tasty treats a little healthier and they can be eaten in smaller portions too.
How to Make Healthier Mini Pecan Pies
These Weight Watchers mini pecan pies do not have a traditional crust. We can all agree that a traditional crust is high in points and sometimes we need to find an alternative. 🙂
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Whisk together 2 eggs, Pyure Organic Stevia Blend Granular, sugar-free maple syrup and vanilla extract for 2 minutes or until the Pyure gets well dissolved in the liquid.
- Add the finely chopped pecans and mix well.
- Spray a 12 cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place 2 wonton wrappers in each cup at an angle.
- Add one tablespoon of the pecan filling into each cup.
- Top with a large pecan half in each cup, if desired.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minute, or till the wonton cups are golden and the filling is set.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Weight Watchers Mini Pecan Pies are Low in Freestyle SmartPoints
Are you ready for this? Each one of these mini pecan pies is only 3 Freestyle SmartPoints. WOW!! If you want to lower the points a little bit you can leave off the large pecan half on the top of each pie cup. Without the pecan halve it is only 2 Freestyle SmartPoints!
What is On Your Thanksgiving or Christmas Table?
There really are a lot of great options out there for healthy holiday recipes. This big list of ideas will have you covered on side dishes for sure! Let me know how you like these Weight Watchers mini pecan pies and what else you are having!
Weight Watchers Mini Pecan Pies allow us to have a delicious dessert without all the guilt at those holiday meals.
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Pyure Organic Stevia Blend granular
- 1/4 cup Sugar-free Maple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup finely chopped Pecans
- 12 large Pecans optional
- 24 wonton wrappers
- Non stick spray
Whisk together 2 eggs, Pyure, maple syrup and vanilla extract for 2 minutes or until the Pyure is dissolved in the liquid.
Add the finely chopped pecans and mix well.
Spray a 12 cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place 2 wonton wrappers in each cup at an angle.
Add a tablespoon of the pecan filling into each cup.
Top with a large piece of pecan in each cup if desired.
Bake at 350 F for 12 to 15 minute, or till the wontons cups are golden and the filling is set.
Serve warm or at room temperature.
One mini pecan pie is 3 Freestyle SmartPoints. If you leave OFF the pecan half on each pie cup it will be 2 Freestyle SmartPoints per pie.