The holidays are fast approaching and these Weight Watchers Thanksgiving Side Dishes will help you plan the menu. The key to staying on track during the holidays is to have some points friendly foods available. Finding good Weight Watchers recipes that taste amazing and are healthy is important. Making some of these side dishes will make your day perfect.
Table of Contents
SHOULD I FOLLOW WW AT THANKSGIVING?
Many people who are dieting throw caution to the wind during the holidays and eat whatever they want. Yes…I have been one of those people too. I always end up regretting it because I sabotaged my own hard work.
It is possible to totally enjoy the holidays and eat delicious foods while still staying mostly on track with your eating plan.
I am always amazed at how quickly my body goes back into its bad habits and how HARD it is to get back to where I had been before I started overeating and binging.
There are lots of tips for staying on plan during the holidays. One of the most important tips is to have healthier food options available like these Weight Watchers Thanksgiving Side Dishes.
Side dishes are something that is VERY easy to overindulge at your big feast. The main course of turkey should be a great option for your plate. It is all those sides that will trip you up.
WEIGHT WATCHERS THANKSGIVING SIDE DISHES
Here are some traditional Thanksgiving side dishes that have been made healthier with easy substitutions and recipe changes. Your guests won't even realize you are serving them a healthier Weight Watchers Thanksgiving side dish!
WW GREEN VEGGIE SIDE DISHES
Let's start off with side dishes featuring green vegetables. These bring bright colors and nutrients to the plate and are very versatile.
- A lighter version of the beloved Green Bean Casserole that won't leave you feeling guilty.
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts are a great side dish that are low in points and very nutritious.
- Green veggies with splashes of other colors too…these Roasted Veggies will be a hit.
- Green Bean Salad is a non-traditional way to serve some green veggies on Thanksgiving.
- Making Broccoli Corn Casserole in the slow cooker will free up your time to cook other things.
- Air Fryer Green Beans will be a huge hit with the family. The air fryer makes veggies taste amazing.
- Save points by skipping the green bean casserole and just make green beans in the slow cooker.
- You will impress your family when you make Bacon Wrapped Asparagus.
TRADITIONAL THANKSGIVING SIDE DISHES
There are some dishes your Thanksgiving table cannot be without. Here are some new versions of old favorites that will give you a guilt-free day.
- Cranberry Relish is a tradition for most families and this recipe is lower in points than the regular versions.
- Lightening up your stuffing is simple with this easy Turkey Stuffing recipe.
- No Thanksgiving table is complete without sweet potato on the table. This Roasted Sweet Potato recipe is delish.
- It is easy to make Slow Cooker Garlic Sweet Potato Mash ahead of time to free up the oven for the turkey.
- If mashed potatoes are a must-have on Thanksgiving then try these Skinny Garlic Mashed Potatoes and save some points.
- Homemade Cranberry Sauce is easier than you may think and this one is a tad bit healthier.
- Roasted Vegetables are a healthy side dish that everyone will love.
- Guests will love this healthy Wild Rice Stuffing. It is full of yummy ingredients and flavors.
MORE DELICIOUS AND CREATIVE WW THANKSGIVING SIDE DISHES
It is always fun to try new dishes and side dishes are usually fairly simple to make. Here are some WW Thanksgiving side dishes you may have never had before.
- Cheesy Cauliflower Rice is loaded with cheesy flavor, but not loaded with tons of points. People will be surprised it isn't rice!
- Roasted Garlic Butter Carrots will bring color to the table and are a flavorful way to eat carrots.
- Try putting out some Sausage Stuffing Bites as a Thanksgiving appetizer. They will be a crowd pleaser.
- Farro Salad is a nice twist and brings some very nutritious ingredients to the table.
- Save tons of points by making a new version of stuffing…Cauliflower Stuffing.
- Spicy BLT Tomatoes make a great side dish or appetizer for a holiday meal.
- Skip the mashed potatoes and make Roasted Fingerling Potatoes instead.
- Chicken Sausage and Herb Stuffing is a nice change of pace.
- Feta Stuffed Mushrooms are delightful, low in points and make a great appetizer or side dish.
WEIGHT WATCHERS HOLIDAY COOKBOOK
I have a wonderful Weight Watchers Holiday Cookbook that is packed FULL of great recipes for the upcoming holidays. These recipes are perfect for Thanksgiving and/or Christmas.
There are several main dish recipes that allow you to make a change from plain turkey. They are points friendly and will wow your guests. Don't forget about the chapters of side dishes, appetizers, and even desserts!
You can get this DIGITAL, printable cookbook right here.
STAY ON PLAN THIS THANKSGIVING
We all know that staying on a plan during the holidays is rough. Planning ahead is key. Start planning which of these Weight Watchers Thanksgiving Side Dishes you will make. It can help control your points and allow you to feel no guilt the next day.
If portion control is an issue for you like it is for me…here are some tools that may help:
- Meal Measure Portion Control Plate
- Electronicc Food Scale
- Perfect Portions Container Set
- Portion Control Pasta Basket
I have a wonderful Facebook group full of people working on weight loss and health improvements with Weight Watchers. We would love to have you JOIN our group!
Click here to join: WW Recipes, Ideas and Motivation Facebook Group
Don't forget to SIGN up for my emails…I send out all sorts of great WW info each week!
I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Be sure to PIN this for later so you can come back and make more of these amazing recipes! SHARE with your friends on FACEBOOK too!