The holidays are fast approaching these Weight Watchers Thanksgiving Side Dishes will help you plan the menu. The key to staying on track during the holidays is having some Freestyle SmartPoints friendly foods available. Finding good Weight Watchers recipes that taste good and are healthy is important. This may mean making a few extra dishes, but it will be worth it.
SHOULD I FOLLOW WW AT THANKSGIVING?
Many people who are dieting throw caution to the wind during the holidays and eat whatever they want. Yes..I have been one of those people too. I always ended up regretting it because I sabotaged my own hard work.
It is possible to totally ENJOY the holidays and eat delicious foods and still stay mostly on track with your eating plan.
I am always amazed at how quickly my body goes back into its bad habits and how HARD it is to get back to where I had been before I started overeating and binging. There are lots of tips for staying on plan during the holidays. One of the most important tips is to have healthier food options available like these Weight Watchers Thanksgiving Side Dishes.
Side dishes are something that are VERY easy to overindulge in. The main course of turkey should be a great option for your plate. It is all those sides that will trip you up!
WEIGHT WATCHERS THANKSGIVING SIDE DISHES
Here are some traditional Thanksgiving side dishes that have been made healthier with easy substitutions and recipe changes. Your guests won't even realize you are serving them a healthier Thanksgiving side dish!
- A lighter version of the beloved Green Bean Casserole (6 FS SP) won't leave you feeling guilty.
- Cranberry Relish (2 FS SP) is a tradition for most families.
- Skinny Taste has an easy Slow Cooker Garlic Sweet Potato Mash (5 FS SP) that sounds amazing and is easy to put together ahead of time.
- Cheesy Cauliflower Rice (2 FS SP) is a side dish that everyone at the table will want to eat.
- Roasted Brussel Spouts (3 FS SP) are a great side dish that are low in points and delicious!
- Don't forget to lighten up your stuffing with this easy Turkey Stuffing (3 FS SP) recipe.
- Roasted Garlic Butter Carrots (3 FS SP) will be a great addition to your Thanksgiving spread.
- Most people want to see sweet potato on the table and this Roasted Sweet Potato (5 FS SP) recipe will fit the bill.
- If you need mashed potatoes on your plate try these Skinny Garlic Mashed Potatoes (5 FS SP)!
- These Sausage Stuffing Bites (3 FS SP) look amazing and work as a side dish or as an appetizer.
- Roasted Veggies (3 FS SP) bring so much color to a platter and taste great too.
- Another fun version of stuffing is this Cauliflower Stuffing (3 FS SP)!
MORE WW THANKSGIVING SIDE DISHES
If those WW Thanksgiving Side Dishes aren't appealing to you then look at these.
- Green Bean Salad (5 FS SP) is a little bit different way to serve up some green veggies on the table.
- Another version of stuffing that will be a crowd-pleaser is this Chicken Sausage and Herb Stuffing (4 FS SP).
- Making this Broccoli Corn Casserole (5 FS SP) in the slow cooker frees up your hands for other cooking.
- Homemade Cranberry Sauce (6 FS SP) will complete any Thanksgiving spread and this one is amazing.
- Everyone will want a helping of Roasted Fingerling Potatoes (5 FS SP) and that makes any cook smile.
- Making Air Fryer Green Beans (0 FS SP) is easy and the results are delicious.
- Spicy BLT Cherry Tomatoes are beautiful on a platter for an appetizer or side dish.
HOLIDAY COOKBOOK FOR WEIGHT WATCHERS
I have a wonderful Weight Watchers Holiday Cookbook that is packed FULL of great recipes for the upcoming holidays. These are perfect for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
There are several main dish recipes if you are SICK of turkey and want something else that is points friendly. Side dishes, appetizers, and even desserts to make you smile!
You can check this inexpensive, printable cookbook out HERE.
HOW ARE YOU STAYING ON PLAN THIS THANKSGIVING?
What are you doing to stay on plan this Thanksgiving? Are you planning to make some of these Weight Watchers Thanksgiving Side Dishes to help control your calories? Do you eat smaller portions?
I have found that portion control is a big weakness for me. It sometimes helps to have special tools to make portion control easier. Here are some ideas you might like!
- Meal Measure Portion Control Plate
- Weight Watchers Electronic Food Scale
- Perfect Portions Container Set
- Portion Control Pasta Basket
Do you use any of these tools to help with portion control? I would love to hear about your experiences. Let me know what Weight Watchers Thanksgiving side dishes you are making this year!!